2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2007 3:07 PM by (Laurence_Lewis)

Multiple File Upload - Database

(Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
      Hi

I have tried and I can't work it out. I have a insert record function which enters the data into the database. I have the filepath set to a file field. If I add an "Upload File" function from ADDT it uses the file field to upload the PDF and also adds the file path to the database.

How do I get the 'Multiple File Upload" to upload the files when I click "Insert Record".

'Multiple File Upload" adds an upload link which seems to be separate from the 'Insert Form"

I hope this makes sense to someone

Cheers
      Laurence
        • 1. Re: Multiple File Upload - Database
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Laurence,

------
          'Multiple File Upload" adds an upload link which seems to be separate from the 'Insert Form"
          ------

that´s true, and that´s also the reason why multiple file or image upload triggers IMHO should rather be attached to an "update record" form -- because here´s where the respective record´s primary key has already been stored and can be used as part of the upload transaction (e.g. to create a folder named after the primary key), what would be questionable when applied to an insert record form.

I´m personally always using single file upload with ADDT´s Insert Record forms and relocate the multi upload stuff to Update Record forms -- also as a sort of "safety measure", because one never really knows if e.g. the filesize sum of all uploaded files will or will not exceed the server´s "upload_max_filesize" value and hence might possibly break the upload procedure.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Multiple File Upload - Database
            (Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
            Hi Günter

That makes sense, thanks for the tip

Cheers
            Laurence