1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 31, 2007 7:03 AM by (Keith_Russo)

How to get ADDT to refresh table info

I am having a problem with the ADDT dialogs not recognizing changes in the database. For instance I add a field to a table, go back to DW and hit the refresh icon in the application database tab and see the new field appear. When I go into the insert record wizard the field is not there - I have to close and reopen dreamweaver to get the ADDT dialogs to see the new field. Is that just how it is or can I refresh them another way?
        • 1. Re: How to get ADDT to refresh table info
          Hi Greg...

I had this same problem and it took me almost a whole day to figure out the solution....

Under the "Developer Toolbox" tab of the "Insert" toolbar, click on the icon to the farthest right... This will bring up the DW Control Panel... The second icon from the bottom - "User Interface Persistence and Database Caching" button - is the answer...

On the next pop-up menu, just click the "Empty Cache" button and you're on your way...

If you make frequent changes to your DB, I recommend turning off the DB caching feature during development, otherwise everytime you add or remove a table or column you will have to go back to this menu and click on this button... Which is obviously a hassle... But turning off the DB caching feature will also considerably slow down the load time of any wizard you open that accesses your DB...

Hope this helps...

Keith