3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2007 4:57 PM by (beachbum)

Creating a Search form 3 text boxes

I am still new to the developer tool box but I was wondering if anyone had tips or a "how to doc" creating a simple search to a mysql db. I am only going to be looking at 2 tables in the db and would like to have the ability to enter partial text and return results.

Like I said I am not sure if the developer tool box has something built in, is there a plugin I could purchase or is there a great "How to" document written???

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Creating a Search form 3 text boxes
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Beachbum,

ADDT doesn´t provide any "advanced database search" sort of plugin, although you could use its "Dynamic Lists" to implement something similar -- as you probably know, ADDT´s dynamic list can have multiple filter criteria which (when using text input fields) by default work with partial text.

As it´s actually possible to strip ADDT´s lists from - in this case - unwanted elements such as links to edit forms and rather replace them with e.g. a link to a "view details..." page, this could be a reasonable solution.

Dunno (and doubt) if this would work with searching against 2 tables, but this is a quite complicated scenario which usually would require some hand-coding anyway.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Creating a Search form 3 text boxes
            Level 1
            Günter

I found the following tutorial, however it doesn't address PHP. So I wondering if someone could provide me with the PHP values or point me towards the right direction.

http://www.adobe.com/support/ultradev/building/multiple_param_search/multiple_param_search 09.html

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Creating a Search form 3 text boxes
              Level 1
              Found my answer on this page.. tried a couple things and got it working!!