This content has been marked as final. Show 11 replies
how many records do your 2 tables currently have ? I´ve heard of similar cases where folks tried to load tables with, say, 1000 records or so, what actually made the browser freeze.
Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
ehm, the database i tried to use at first has 78 tables with 2648 records but the other database has just 2 tables with 41 records.
anyone has experience with this maybe? :)
The problem I'm getting with qub, is that when I click the create recordset icon, and the window appears - the connection name will appear but the tables do not show in the drop down menu, so that I can select a table to work with?
Any thoughts anyone?
I'm using zonealarm with dreamweaver given super permissions.
can you temporarily deactivate Zonealarm (or even shut it down) and see if it´s better now ?
Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
does the mysql connection work when you use it for a simple query
and dont use QuB?
I had a problem recently with Qub - it turned out to be Firebug that caused the problem for me. I disabled Firebug and haven't had any problems since (so far)
I tried this but it didnt work for me, however i started looking for a solution again and found my problem!!! Thanks for your reply ghehe.
For some reason (dont ask me why) when i set up a site in dreamweaver and the password contains a % symbol i have to place the number 25 behind it. For example a password 123%456 would become 123%25456.
This password with the %25 works only local, on the remote site the mysql connection file needs the password without the %25. I guess this is only with my current webhost or something but because we always use this webhost i'm completely used to work with this 'workaround'.
So i now tried to make a new recordset with QuB and just before i press 'New query' and enter a name i change the password in my local mysql connection file to a password without the extra '25'. and the QuB screen loads!!
It seems a logical solution now, but lol.. I think i'm quite lucky i actually found it...
@ Günter; maybe u can help someone with this problem ;p
I encountered this situation on a password with special characters as well. Not sure if it was the semi-colon or dollar-sign that caused the problem, but when I changed to a less secure but kinder password, QUB stopped hanging and loaded the data.
Thanks Symvar for the insight!
I hope that someone will succeed in correcting this so we can work with a more secure password in place.
hello all -
glad some have solved this in their issue. this just happened to me, first time ever, been using QuB for a while.
It loads, and then the list of tables is just empty.
If i go back to SIMPLE RECORDSET window, i CAN see all my tables.
AND i tried it for a different site, one i had used previously, with QuB, and it DID work there.
I recently acquired the WebAssist SuperSuite (any other comments about that...new thread :) ) and think one of the extensions has created a conflict.
When i get home i will try to isolate which one, and hopefully remember to let all you know the results in case it helps.
im thinking its a file somewhere inside (PC)User/Documents and Settings/Application Data/Adobe/Configuration/Shared...
but not sure. ill let you know, as well as try disabling firebug, (even though ive had firebug and been using QuB. I think. :) )
solved my version of this issue.
I had an "&" in a table name. changed it and, fixed!
rookie mistake. so any of u may want to check for any special characters in db or table names...