1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2008 11:37 AM by (lozzer)

export to xml - is there a trick to it?

First I set up a record set.
      Then used the Developer Toolbox, export to xml server behavior.

export column - nodes
      export all records
      root node = export
      row node = RegName [the field name from my database]
      database encoding = utf-8 [my database is utf-8 general]
      xml encoding = utf-8

Saved this php file; uploaded it and the 'includes' folder with the xml directory to the server.

opened and saved an html

Data source - my php file with the export to xml language

Get Schema comes back with this:
      export
      RegName [my field name]
      RegName [value field]

xPath = export

but when I click to test, it only shows the very first record, not the first 20 like it says it does.

Can anyone see where I have gone awry???
        • 1. Re: export to xml - is there a trick to it?
          <Mary_Stirrett@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c05a13f.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> First I set up a record set.<br />> Then used the Developer Toolbox, export to xml server behavior.<br />><br />> export column - nodes<br />> export all records<br />> root node = export<br />> row node = RegName [the field name from my database]<br />> database encoding = utf-8 [my database is utf-8 general]<br />> xml encoding = utf-8<br />><br />> Saved this php file; uploaded it and the 'includes' folder with the xml <br />> directory to the server.<br />><br />> opened and saved an html<br />><br />> Data source - my php file with the export to xml language<br />><br />> Get Schema comes back with this:<br />>     export<br />>        RegName [my field name]<br />>            RegName [value field]<br /><br />Hi,<br />Try highlighting:<br />RegName [my field name]<br />before you OK your dataset