4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2008 8:43 AM by Günter Schenk

Welcome and Activation Email Problem

I want to first say the documentation and support on this product is horrendously inadequate !

I have used the registration wizard to create a registration page...and one of the functions is to send welcome emails automatically and send activation emails automatically...they both send correctly but the username and password in the welcome email....are filled in with {kt_login_user} and {kt_login_password} instead of the real values.

Why is this ? Can anyone please help me to fix this ?

Thank you for your help!

Fred
        • 1. Re: Welcome and Activation Email Problem
          Level 1
          Thanks if anyone looked at this but I solved the problem.

It had to do with using a user table called simply "user" which as you may have found in other posts on this site is a reserved name in Dreamweaver, which Dreamweaver automatically appends and prepends accent symbols on either side of the name if anything programmatically uses it...which in turn causes it to become an invalid table name.

I changed my user table's name to "user_tbl" and everything so far is fine.

Fred Shequine
          • 2. Re: Welcome and Activation Email Problem
            Günter Schenk Level 4
            Hi Fred,

"interesting" to see what funny side effects a "user" table may additionally have -- was already scratching my head over this strange issue.

Thanks for sharing !

Cheers,
            Günter Schenk
            Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
            • 3. Re: Welcome and Activation Email Problem
              Level 1
              I have to ask you...are there any plans to update the documentation for ADDT ? Most of these little nuances that cause all kinds of odd problems could be eliminated by going through the forums and adding documentation for the most repeated problems...!

Best,

Fred
              • 4. Re: Welcome and Activation Email Problem
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                Hi Fred,

I don´t think that the Adobe Romania (aka Interakt) folks will be updating the current ADDT documentation respectively helpfile that´s available from within DW -- I personally don´t think it´s a bad documentation at all, just a little short-spoken at times.

-----
                Most of these little nuances that cause all kinds of odd problems could be eliminated by going through the forums and adding documentation for the most repeated problems...!
                -----

I know what you´re talking about ;-) I´m personally a little unsure if adding a FAQ section to my "ADDT tutorials" website wouldn´t be a little too much work, because, well, there are soooo many FAQ which users might have -- where´s such a FAQ section supposed to begin, and where would it be appropriate to draw a line and rather tell folks to RTFM or the forums ? I dunno

I do like this idea very much, and I did that already with my "setup user tables" tutorial, as this really required some "once and for all" clarification, and I´ll certainly be adding other important stuff there -- but such a FAQ project is a huge undertaking after all and will certainly benefit from some clear-cut response by ADDT users in order to avoid taking a stab in the "what FAQ really needs a centralized response" dark.

However, I think that ADDT users should *first* try to use these forums plus all what has ever been contributed to the InteraktOnline forums so far -- it´s all definitely pretty cluttered, but a great resource in itself. My own tutorials section shouldn´t be regarded to replace this endeavour on the part of the user.

Cheers,
                Günter Schenk
                Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver