4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2008 3:28 PM by (lozzer)

fao Gunter

Level 1
      Hi,
      I have both DW8 ( with Interakt extensions installed) & DW CS3 (Toolkit)
      running on my machine.
      I have a new site where I will need to use a text editor on insert & update.
      I have downloaded Tinymce and used your tutorial (thanks:-)
      It works fine.
      I am tempted, however, to use DW8 on this site and use KTML4 (mainly because
      the image upload and image options seem more straightforward.
      Only used KTML4 once though and not sure how stable it is/was
      Any opinions?
      thanks
        • 1. Re: fao Gunter
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi lozzer,

well, I´m not sure if switching an ADDT site to DW8/Kollection will work without errors or maybe DW 8 complaining about detecting an incompatible Kollection version. Apart from that you should however still be able to implement KTML with MX Kollection though, because its libraries seem to be completely separated from MX Kollection.

----
          Only used KTML4 once though and not sure how stable it is/was
          ----

my opinion ? KTML was pretty stable.

Cheers
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: fao Gunter
            Level 1
            Hi Gunter,<br />I explained it badly.<br />I have not yet started the site so I have the choice of using DW8 with <br />Kollection or CS3 with ADDT without any conflicts.<br />I was not sure if KTML had any disadvantages over Tinymce.<br />Your opinion is good enough, I will build the site using DW8 and KTML.<br />Thanks :-)<br />lozzer<br /><Günter_Schenk@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c05cc99.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hi lozzer,<br />><br />> well, I´m not sure if switching an ADDT site to DW8/Kollection will work <br />> without errors or maybe DW 8 complaining about detecting an incompatible <br />> Kollection version. Apart from that you should however still be able to <br />> implement KTML with MX Kollection though, because its libraries seem to be <br />> completely separated from MX Kollection.<br />><br />> ----<br />> Only used KTML4 once though and not sure how stable it is/was<br />> ----<br />><br />> my opinion ? KTML was pretty stable.<br />><br />> Cheers<br />> Günter Schenk<br />> Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
            • 3. Re: fao Gunter
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi lozzer,

Ok, I understand now ;-)

I think you´re safe using KTML, all the more the image upload/handling etc is still unbeatable. Disadvantages? Besides the lack of support due to having been discontinued, you might be missing all those 3rd party plugins which TinyMCE provides, but that´s another thing

Cheers
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
              • 4. Re: fao Gunter
                Level 1
                lol,<br />just found out that there is a bug with KTML, Vista & IE7 when you try to <br />upload an image.<br />Back to Tinymce :)<br />Regards<br /><Günter_Schenk@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c05cc99.2@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hi lozzer,<br />><br />> Ok, I understand now ;-)<br />><br />> I think you´re safe using KTML, all the more the image upload/handling etc <br />> is still unbeatable. Disadvantages? Besides the lack of support due to <br />> having been discontinued, you might be missing all those 3rd party plugins <br />> which TinyMCE provides, but that´s another thing<br />><br />> Cheers<br />> Günter Schenk<br />> Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver