1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2008 1:35 PM by Günter Schenk

dynamic navigation

smartdesignz Level 1
      Newbie here!
      (Question one)
      Is there a way with ADDT & SPRY to create dynamic navigation by the following

Department (Level One)
      SubDeptmwnt (Level Two)

if so could someone please point me to a tutorial for this or snippit of code
      would be nice.

Also I'm going to be using Mod_Rewrite for these in .htaccess file

so i would like to know how to replace space with a underscore between 2 words
      example when you sign up for the forum it asks for your firstname then a space then lastname so you type in FirstName LastName and it automatically changes it for your email address as FirstName_LastName@adobe.......

how is this done, again is there a tutorial on this or code snippits?

Cheers
        • 1. Re: dynamic navigation
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi tea break,

-----
          Is there a way with ADDT & SPRY to create dynamic navigation by the following
          -----

maybe I don´t quite get your question, however if you´re looking for a SPRY based solution which is supposed to affect what e.g. an ADDT Dynamic List will do, you´re out of luck, as SPRY works with (amomg others) XML data, whereas an ADDT list does not -- both are completely unrelated technologies, which don´t know of each other, so to speak.

----
          example when you sign up for the forum it asks for your firstname then a space then lastname so you type in FirstName LastName and it automatically changes it for your email address as FirstName_LastName@adobe
          ----

I think you should give the ADDT "Custom Triggers" a try. It should be possible to create a Custom "AFTER" trigger which will update the "email" column of the newly inserted record by using the "FirstName" and "LastName" transaction values -- and of course by adding an underscore in between those transaction values plus adding the desired email address as static value.

Hope this points you in the right direction -- gotta have a coffee break now :-)

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver