1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2008 3:23 PM by Günter Schenk

tutorials?

Hi,
      been using dmxzone stuff, and am no stranger to PHP etc., I got ADDT and tried a simple form + file upload and couldn't get anything to work.

I simplified things to just my 3 field form and a insert record, and still nothing. I can write this manually in 10 minutes and get it working as a simple 3 field insert record, so, clearly I'm not understanding something in the wizards here.

First question, what is "first check variable"? nothing much really in the documentation about this. I just set it to my first form field. I am using a 3 field form I made, and adding the insert record through forms>advanced

I tried to set the fields to receive their values through 'form in page', and it has my form fields in the dropdown, everything looks great. But after clicking ok, if I recheck it, it defaults back to 'url parameter'. Why is this? Nothing I do can keep it set to get it's value from form on page.

What I'm trying to do is pretty simple, are there more clearer tutorials on how to use addt? I got this to save time :)

And I never got file upload to work either. Everything on the server is good, I can get a form working with dmxzone pure file upload. But I want to use this system. I am using CS3 in os x tiger.
      thx!
        • 1. Re: tutorials?
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Tim,

I suggest starting with the official ADDT tutorials available at the Adobe Developer Center: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/developer_toolbox.html

When you´re through them all, you will have understood most of what ADDT can do respectively how it works.

In addition there are several tutorials contributed by users, but I think that´s for later

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver