1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2008 2:22 AM by Günter Schenk

changes from styles.js

Hello,

does anyone know what this change of the code from MX Kollection to Adobe Dev Toolbox was necessary for?

/includes/skins/styles.js
      Line 262:

NEW:
      nxt_list_edit_link_form(this, myinput.previousSibling.href);

OLD:
      nxt_list_edit_link_form(this);

I would like to understand what problems might occure removeing the myinput.previousSibling.href as I am sure there was a reason to add it.

I had to remove it, as Internet Explorer 7 has troubles going back to the correct page after editing an entry within a list. (using frames). It sent you back to the frameset resulting in a frame in frame instead of the list page. (applies only to edit button next to the list entries, not the one above the list where you can edit more than one entry).

Works fine in FF 2, and IE 6.

Posted it into the wish list of this forum, as I didn't know where to probably file a bug report.

Thanks
      Patrick
        • 1. Re: changes from styles.js
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Patrick,

thanks for this interesting observation

------
          Posted it into the wish list of this forum, as I didn't know where to probably file a bug report
          ------

I think you´re right, things like this should IMO also be posted to the Feature Request forums, and - to my mind - only there in order to "centralize" a related discussion.

Special forums like this one (PHP Application Development) wouldn´t be the appropriate place in this case, because your "fix" actually applies to all supported server models, means that e.g. ASP VBScript users wouldn´t even notice this here.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver