18 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2008 3:35 PM by (Venkatesha)

Search Result Page ERROR

I am receive error, when i try to create results page (I am following JOBSITE example from INTERACKONLINE website). While i am able to create a RECORDSET, i am getting an error, when i try to finish the set-up after creation of all the query.

ERROR MESSAGE:

Missing type for variable: KTColParam1
      Missing type for variable: KTColParam2

And once the error message start i am not able to close the Qub RECORDSET VISUALER. Please help me.

Regards,

Venkatesha
        • 1. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
          Level 1
          This work, i keyed-in manually. But i am not able to search keywords to the results. When i type the keyword and submit, the takes up the a record from the database and display, but his is not i want.

I want to display the search result details based on the keyword typed in the field.
          • 2. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
            Günter Schenk Level 4
            Hi Venkatesha,

if the terms you´re searching for could be located anywhere within e.g. a "text" column, you´ll have to use the "Filter column_name: contains" parameter.

Cheers,
            Günter Schenk
            Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
            • 3. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
              Level 1
              Hi Schenk,

I have used a filter "CONTAINS" but still i am getting this problem.

Regards,

Venkatesha
              • 4. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                Level 1
                This is the SCENARIO:

SEARCH page is able to POST the search keyword

RESULT is able to GET the search keyword and display the content, in this case, 2 fields

RESULT PAGE as a SHOW DETAILS like:

But when i try to get the complete details based on the result keyword, i am not able to get it. How do i do it, i completely followed - INTERAKT's - JOB SITE & CLASSIFIED AD's samples.

Any help here please.
                • 5. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                  Level 1
                  Hi,

Now my search page is working perfectly, the results are also showing, up, how to show error or record doesnt existing message when the search keyword is not found in the database.

Regards,

Venkatesha
                  • 6. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                    Günter Schenk Level 4
                    Hi Venkatesha,

click Server Behaviours -> Show Region. In here Dreamweaver provides the "Show if recordset is empty" and "Show if recordset is not empty" behaviours -- that said...

a) highlight a certain page section that´s supposed to be displayed if the recordset is empty, like a "sorry, no matching entries found" message, and apply the "Show if recordset is empty" behaviour to it

b) highlight e.g. the table that´s displaying the search results, and apply the "Show if recordset is not empty" behaviour to it

Cheers,
                    Günter Schenk
                    • 7. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                      Level 1
                      Schenk,

I have one small problem. Right now, i am using the search solution as below:

USER enters the field -> field is match to the database existing table and display, the problem is:

Ex: user enters 1234 and the search result is 12345, it is take the data from database randomly and displaying it.

I am using the below giving QUERY CONDITIONS:

Table Column -> (emp_serial)
                      Conditions -> contains
                      Variable Type -> Form Variable
                      Run-Time Value -> Employee_Serial
                      Default Value -> %

Could you please help here, i want the exact match for the query to be displayed.
                      • 8. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                        Günter Schenk Level 4
                        Hi Venkatesha,

-----
                        user enters 1234 and the search result is 12345, it is take the data from database randomly and displaying it
                        -----

that´s what happens when using the "contains" condition -- that said, change it to "equals" (=) to force a precise match.

Cheers,
                        Günter Schenk
                        • 9. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                          Level 1
                          Hi Schenk,

I tried EQUALS too, but i am getting the same answer.

Regards,

Venkatesha
                          • 10. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                            Günter Schenk Level 4
                            Hi Venkatesha,

the appropriate condition actually depends on the column type respectively where the search terms might be located in that column.

If it´s a "text" column and the search term may be located anywhere within the column´s contents, you will have to use "contains" -- but if it´s a "varchar" or "int" column type, it seems you´d better use the "begins with" condition.

Works better this way ?

Cheers,
                            Günter Schenk
                            • 11. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                              Level 1
                              Hi Schenk,

I am using VARCHAR, i tried your suggestion, but i am still getting the same answer. When i do a search for "1234" it is suppose to show me 1234 only and it shows 12345, that means it is not show the exact search result. I hope you understand it better.

This are two fields which comprise of EMPLOYEEID and EMPLOYEE EMAIL and they have to match exactly as it is or else i will be show somebody's else EMPLOYEEID to the EMPLOYEE which is wrong.

Regards,

Venkatesh
                              • 12. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                                Günter Schenk Level 4
                                Hi Venkatesha,

---------
                                When i do a search for "1234" it is suppose to show me 1234 only
                                ---------

in this case you´ll have to use the "equals" (=) condition, as any other condition would be too vague

------
                                This are two fields which comprise of EMPLOYEEID and EMPLOYEE EMAIL and they have to match exactly as it is
                                ------

are both fields required ? can one of them be empty ? if they are both required, are you searching in those two columns using the "AND" or the "OR" condition ?

However, please also consider searching for help outside these forums, as your issue doesn´t seem to be related to ADDT in particular.

Cheers,
                                Günter Schenk
                                • 13. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                                  Level 1
                                  Hi Schenk,

I am using EQUALS (=) but i am not able to get the proper search result.

And i am using OR condition for this two field. Could you please help me here.

If you want i can provide you with the URL.

Regards,

Venkatesha
                                  • 14. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                                    Level 1
                                    http://www.logixbytes.com/clients/mudhranaa/index.php

USERID: adobe
                                    PASS: adobe

and you need to check - SEARCH PAGE
                                    • 15. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                                      Günter Schenk Level 4
                                      Hi Venkatesha,

OK thanks, that´s getting a little clearer now, although all I ever get to see is the "First Name: Testing" result, and that means I can´t really test what´s supposed to happen with different form values -- one would have to see the "results.php" source code to be of help.

However, as I said, please consider searching for help outside these forums. Much to my regret I currently don´t have that much time in general, and I´d rather prefer to spend my available time on answering questions which are related to ADDT -- your issue apparently has nothing to do with this

Cheers,
                                      Günter Schenk
                                      • 16. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                                        Level 1
                                        Hi Schenk,

I am sorry that i troubled you. I did search in Dreamweaver Tutorial, MX Collection tutorial and none of them seem to have an help. Is it possible for you let me know some WEBSITE where i can get help.

I am sorry for trouble you and wasting your precious time.

Regards,

Venkatesha
                                        • 17. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                                          Günter Schenk Level 4
                                          Hi Venkatesha,

no, you didn´t "trouble" me at all, and you definitely didn´t "waste my precious time" -- your questions certainly deserve to be answered, but as I´m the only regular who´s trying hard to answer everyone´s post in these forums whenever possible, I just have to draw a line by saying "only ADDT related questions please", otherwise it´s getting too much.

------
                                          Is it possible for you let me know some WEBSITE where i can get help.
                                          ------

I suggest posting in the regular Dreamweaver Application Development forums:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm?forumid=12&catid=263

However, when describing your issue over there, please make sure to additionally provide a link to the PHP source code of your "results.php" file (preferrably as text-only file, e.g. "results_code.txt"), as any attempts to help you will by nature fail when this information is not available.

Cheers,
                                          Günter Schenk
                                          • 18. Re: Search Result Page ERROR
                                            Level 1
                                            Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your HELP, i found the tutorial and i am working on my stuff using this sample and it seems i am on the right track.

Building a simple database search feature

http://www.adobe.com/support/ultradev/building/simple_search_feature/

Thanks and Regards,

Venkatesha