6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2008 3:46 PM by Günter Schenk

Fata Error in WDG Class

Hello,

I am building a form with ADDT and after adding some form controls SB's when I went to browse the page I got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function FieldCount() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\rootsadmin\includes\wdg\WDG_JsRecordset.class.php on line 33

I looked at the code and can't make sense of it. Hope someone here can help.

As always, thatnks in advance for any help.

Tony Galfano
        • 1. Re: Fata Error in WDG Class
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Tony,

maybe ADDT´s includes folder hasn´t been fully generated, means that some files might be missing.

Please try this: make a back-up of the includes folder, then delete it from both local and remote servers. Regenerate it by using the Update Includes folder button from ADDT´s Control Panel (click on the checkboxes and then on Update Selected). You'll have to re-enter the settings from Control Panel after this (e-mail, debug mode, language, login settings)

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Fata Error in WDG Class
            Level 1
            Thanks! I'll try it and let you know in a few minutes.

Tony
            • 3. Re: Fata Error in WDG Class
              Level 1
              Hi,

I tried that and it didn't work. Still getting the error message. The last few things I did before getting this error was to add an editable dropdown SB to a menu and setup a few dependent drop downs. Could that be causing the problem?
              • 4. Re: Fata Error in WDG Class
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                ----
                The last few things I did before getting this error was to add an editable dropdown SB to a menu and setup a few dependent drop downs. Could that be causing the problem?
                ----

usually not, as this is a common procedure which never gave me any headaches so far -- well, maybe it´s time to recreate that page from scratch, one never really knows why exactly such things happen

Cheers,
                Günter Schenk
                • 5. Re: Fata Error in WDG Class
                  Level 1
                  I was afraid of that. This form has over 50 controls and I spent hours getting them arranged in a Spry tabbed Panel set. Worked great up until then.

Thanks again for the help.

I'll get back to you on the javascript problem once I can browse the form.
                  • 6. Re: Fata Error in WDG Class
                    Günter Schenk Level 4
                    Hi Tony,

yeah, I understand your pain ! *50* controls, incredible ;-)

However, it must be said that - from my experience - the more bells & whistles a form contains, the more likely Dreamweaver will mess things up when adding additional elements or controls or whatever -- that´s why I started to attune to create incremental back-ups of complicated forms, because they can become pretty fragile

Cheers,
                    Günter Schenk