6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2008 9:49 AM by (hicham_hage)

upload file problem

Level 1
      I have created the upload file in conjunction with insert transaction, the file uploads to the server and I have mapped the 'store file name in' to a coloum in my database.

The file uploads but the name of the file does not appear in the database?

I have changed the setting in inset transaction to 'text' instead of 'file' and that adds the name into the database but does not upload the file andgives me an error.

Can any one help!
        • 1. Re: upload file problem
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Rob,

when uploading a file, my usual line located within the "Add columns" array is like this:

$ins_tablename->addColumn("columnname", "STRING_TYPE", "FILES", "filefield_name");

Is yours different ?

-----
          I have changed the setting in inset transaction to 'text' instead of 'file'
          -----

it must be FILES in order to work

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: upload file problem
            Level 1
            Thanks

I have checked and everything seems to be in order my code below, but it still does not work:

// Add columns
            $ins_Profile->setTable("Profile");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("UID_Email", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "EMail");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("WorkorHome", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "WorkHome");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("ID", "NUMERIC_TYPE", "POST", "ID");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("PrimarySkill", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "PrimarySkill");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("PWD", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "PWD");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("CVDATE", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "CVDATE");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("Title", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "Title");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("LastName", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "LastName");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("FirstName", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "FirstName");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("TradingName", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "TradingName");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("WWW", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "WWW");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("Address1", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "Address1");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("Postcode", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "Postcode");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("Tel", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "Tel");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("ASSCV", "FILE_TYPE", "FILES", "ASSCVF");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("Access", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "Access", "New");
            $ins_Profile->addColumn("Reffered", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "Reffered");
            $ins_Profile->setPrimaryKey("ID", "NUMERIC_TYPE");
            • 3. Re: upload file problem
              Level 1
              Hi anyone I am still having major problems with this I still can't get it to work

Can anyone help!!!
              • 4. Re: upload file problem
                Waleed Barakat Level 1
                can you give me a direct link to your page please
                • 5. Re: upload file problem
                  Level 1
                  thanks

it's

http://79.170.40.47/awaplatinum.co.uk/agility-works-associates-apply-online.php
                  • 6. Re: upload file problem
                    Level 1
                    Hi Rob,

Make sure to specify a primary key in your database table where you store the file information.
                    I had the same problem and just by adding a primary key to the table fixed it.

hicham