2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2008 10:15 AM by (Sambo)

listing details from a recordset

Level 1
      Hi, I have been working on this for a few days and cant seem to figure out how to do this.
      OK, I have a table with a bunch of fields, table is called clubs.
      the fields are id, clubname, city, state, country, web address.
      I am able to go thorugh the recordset fine and just display the name of all the clubs in the table, but I want the name of the clubs to be a hyperlink and that will go to a details page which displays clubname, city, state, country, webaddress.
      how do I go about doing this?
      I cant seem to get this right, all I want to do is pass the id in the url from the clubname link to a details page and display all the info from that id.

The documentation for this product needs to be worked on,
      Thanks alot.
      Dave
        • 1. Re: listing details from a recordset
          Level 1
          anyone at all have any suggestion or understand at all what I am trying to do?
          • 2. Re: listing details from a recordset
            Level 1
            You didn't say what DB or server language you were using but this is the <br />answer for PHP / MySQL<br /><br />The way I do this is to select the code for the DB call (<?php echo <br />$row_getClubs['clubName']; ?>) you want to be a hyperlink<br />in the properties wizard hyperlink field enter #<br />in the code view substitute The DB call for the Club URL for the #<br /><br />it will look something like this:<br /><br /><a href="<?php echo $row_getClubs['clubURL']; ?>" target="_blank"><?php echo <br />$row_getClubs['clubName']; ?></a><br /><br />Jeff<br /><br /><br /><Dave_Ellis@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c062026.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hi, I have been working on this for a few days and cant seem to figure out <br />> how to do this.<br />> OK, I have a table with a bunch of fields, table is called clubs.<br />> the fields are id, clubname, city, state, country, web address.<br />> I am able to go thorugh the recordset fine and just display the name of <br />> all the clubs in the table, but I want the name of the clubs to be a <br />> hyperlink and that will go to a details page which displays clubname, <br />> city, state, country, webaddress.<br />> how do I go about doing this?<br />> I cant seem to get this right, all I want to do is pass the id in the url <br />> from the clubname link to a details page and display all the info from <br />> that id.<br />><br />> The documentation for this product needs to be worked on,<br />> Thanks alot.<br />> Dave