3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2008 11:57 AM by (shauntipson)

displaying multiple images after uploading

mrcharis2003@yahoo.c Level 1
      Hi I am trying to create a site where I can upload multiple photos at once and have them be displayed on the master detail page

I have been following the tutorial on creating an image gallery and it is good.......
      I have also found out about using the master detail function which is really really great, just what i was looking for.

So I can create my upload form with file upload and creat a list page which displays some of the data and a thumb and I can link one of the fields to the master detail page all good...... Now......

I would like more than one picture on the detail page.......
      with say one main pic and about five other thumbs ( which can be linked to full size images) I would like this to all be done dynamically

So how do I do this?
      Do I need to put multiple file upload fields in my upload form?
      I am getting confused........

Any help would be really really nice
      Have a nice day
        • 1. Re: displaying multiple images after uploading
          Hi Charis

>Do I need to put multiple file upload fields in my upload form?

You can use the Dynamic List/Dynamic Form to get the uploads working as you wish. Dynamic lists can call a multiple insert transaction on dynamic forms. You then set one of the form fields to be file type and apply the upload behaviour to it. At the end you can call as many instances of the form from the dynamic list and upload all the images at once saving their informations to a db table at the same time

>would like more than one picture on the detail page.......
          >with say one main pic and about five other thumbs ( which can be linked to full size images) I would like this to all be done dynamically

For this you need 2 recorsets: one for the main picture filtered by image_id (when you click the thumbnail you send the id as a url variable) and another for the thumbs (not filtered);

Use the Show Thumbnail server behaviour to create the thumbs and a Looper Wizard to loop through the records and show more than 1 thumb.

Cheers

Marcell
          • 2. Re: displaying multiple images after uploading
            mrcharis2003@yahoo.c Level 1
            Thanks a lot I will try that out and post my results asap

More than one recordset on one page? ..... cool that makes sence

Never used dynamic lists before but will give it a try

Thanks again

This forum is the best thing since sliced bread ( only wish I could access it from my com at home, only works from work com.... strangely
            )

Have a great day
            • 3. Re: displaying multiple images after uploading
              hi i want to do the same thing have thumb nails and display the larger image on the same page but cannot make it work how do i link the thumb image and the large image together i kno its with some kind of url link but how do i do it with in the same page. thanks