1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2008 4:26 AM by Günter Schenk

How Do I create an Admin account?

mrcharis2003@yahoo.c Level 1
      Hi

This sounds silly but.... How do I set up an administrator account ?

I am using DW CS3 and ADDT and PHPMYADMIN

I can create a table with a level_user field and al the other usual fields

I can use the login wizard and / or the ADDT control panel to set and add user levels so I have added user and admin levels and I can figure out the rest I think but h I have read many tutorials and I still can't figure out how to create an admin account? I have thought I have to create a temp form with a level field just to upload my admin level into the user_level field in my database table, say level "1" and then creat another form with no user level field for users to upload their info and have their level set by the default value in the login wizard say level "2"

Does this sound like the correct way to go about thing?
      Is there a better more logical way to do this?

I have asked this question in the nonrmal dreamweaver and I was told to

"Use a frontend like PHPMyAdmin to construct the db and set one of the account's user levels to something like "admin" instead of "y" or whatever and then filter on "admin."

I really don't understand this as I only want to set acces levels to one table so that I can delete records as administrator and so that noone else can access certain pages

Anyone got any ideas?

Any help would be more than helpful

Have a nice day
        • 1. Re: How Do I create an Admin account?
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Charis,

-----
          I have asked this question in the nonrmal dreamweaver and I was told to

"Use a frontend like PHPMyAdmin to construct the db and set one of the account's user levels to something like "admin" instead of "y" or whatever and then filter on "admin."
          -----

folks in the regular DW forums don´t necessarily know how ADDT handles the "user levels", so here´s my suggestion:

a) create the ADDT "login" table with PhpMyAdmin, add one default record (probably your own account) and set its "level_usr" column´s value to "1"

b) add this very column to ADDT´s array of session variables within the Control Panel and name it, say "kt_level"

-------
          I really don't understand this as I only want to set acces levels to one table so that I can delete records as administrator and so that noone else can access certain pages
          -------

once you have the additional session variable "kt_level" defined, you can always filter against this one -- for example...

a) in a "Show If Conditional Region" (for hiding certain page elements)

b) in a "Restrict Access To Page" behaviour (to prevent access to a whole page)

-------
          and then creat another form with no user level field for users to upload their info and have their level set by the default value in the login wizard say level "2"
          -------

that´s a good approach :-)

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver