7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2008 4:06 PM by Günter Schenk

Dynamic List filter not refreshing - suggestions?

Dynamic list filtering problems...

Any suggestions for how to begin trouble shooting this ussue?

(Apache, MySql, php) I have to click multiple times on the column header for a sort to occur and the filter text field drops any entered value when you click the filter button. If you click on the specific filtered column header later, the filter value re-appears and filtering occurs.

The dynamic lists I have been testing are created with the list wizard, with no modifications to any settings, made from recordset or straight from data table. In either case the lists and filtering work with one click in my testing server (same setup) but have these oddities if in the production server.

Any suggestions of what to look for to get it working in the production server for my client...filtering would be wonderful for them!

Thank you anyone for suggestions,

Steve
        • 1. Re: Dynamic List filter not refreshing - suggestions?
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Steve,

I never had this problem with the Dynamic Lists, but I wonder about this:

>>
          In either case the lists and filtering work with one click in my testing server (same setup) but have these oddities if in the production server
          >>

do you work with plenty of data, what might result in a certain delay ? When it comes to the data transfer´s response time, a remote host is usually slower compared to your local testing server, and the more data is getting queried...

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Dynamic List filter not refreshing - suggestions?
            Level 1
            Thanks Günter Schenk for the reply however...

So you can see what's happening I created a seperate mysql database with one table and four fields. ID, date, and 2 varchar 50. I then created a dynamic list and form, both made without any hand coding using the wizards.

I made sure all relavent files from the includes folder are up-to-date with 1.0.0 version files.

You are welcome to go to http://www.sunkistkids.org/mmtest/listtest.php to test this.

Also you will find info.php in the root directory of the site just in case you spot any part of the general configuration that might be causing this.

Any further suggestions are very welcome and will be implemented quickly so I can make the filter feature work for the client.

Thank you very much for your time,

Steve
            • 3. Re: Dynamic List filter not refreshing - suggestions?
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Steve,

was just checking the page with Firefox 2, and here´s my report:

-----
              I have to click multiple times on the column header for a sort to occur
              -----

doesn´t happen to me -- one click on the header triggers the sorting, but it´s an unusually slow process for just two records.

-----
              and the filter text field drops any entered value when you click the filter button
              -----

doesn´t happen to me, the text field´s content remains there while the records below get filtered.

That said, I can´t see anything wrong with this -- maybe a browser issue ? Not all browsers out there (or certain versions) are supported.

Günter Schenk
              • 4. Re: Dynamic List filter not refreshing - suggestions?
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                just checked with IE 6 -- no issues as well !

Günter Schenk
                • 5. Re: Dynamic List filter not refreshing - suggestions?
                  Level 1
                  Günter,

Thank you for checking the test list. I am glad it works for you which means it probably works for others. Risky though for my client.

I am stumped but eventually I will figure it out. I am using firefox and IE7.

The most confusing aspect is that so far all the other features in your extension work as they should for me and my client. Lots of Toolbox (Interakt) features behing their login link.

Thanks again,

Steve
                  • 6. Re: Dynamic List filter not refreshing - suggestions?
                    Level 1
                    Günter,

This is Steve. I finally figured it out and there was never anything wrong with your software app.

Using a satellite Internet connection "huges" was so packet lossy that I had multiple unexplained problems using DW. On a more stable connection (my clients as well) everything works as advertised. GOOD!

This situation even caused my DW ftp functions to frequently max out the processor and latch up the app while making transfers. No more on a land line connection.

Thanks again,

Steve
                    • 7. Re: Dynamic List filter not refreshing - suggestions?
                      Günter Schenk Level 4
                      Hi Steve,

wow, I had already forgotten about your issue :-)

Interesting to know what bizarre factors may cause that, I´d never had thought of that...

Cheers, and thanks for reporting !

Günter Schenk