3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2008 8:01 AM by Günter Schenk

email error with user registration page

Level 1
      hello, i am creating a user reg/login pages and i followed everything you were suppose to do. when i test it, it keeps giving me this error....

Developer Details:
      E-mail couldn't be sent. Error returned: Failed to send data [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: SITEGROUND: the message does not contain a header with the DATE)]. (EMAIL_FAILED)

i am using window mail with my server, is this the problem? coming from the server and outgoing mail? or is this to do with the addt?
        • 1. Re: email error with user registration page
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi ashley,

------
          the message does not contain a header with the DATE
          ------

that´s true, by default the emails generated by ADDT are indeed missing the header´s DATE -- and as some hosts can be picky about that, you´ll need to add this functionality to ADDT´s libraries.

Fortunately that´s rather easy :: please open the file "includes/common/lib/email/KT_Email.class.php", locate the function "getHeaders()", and in here add the line:

$arr['Date'] = date('r');

...after, say, the 3rd line...

$arr['From'] = $this->getFrom();

Works better now ?

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: email error with user registration page
            Level 1
            hey thanks! i got it working now. here is another problem you might be able to help me with.

Developer Details:
            SQL error: INSERT INTO message_msg (idtop_msg, idusr_msg, date_msg, subject_msg, cat_id, content_msg, subscribe_msg) values (null, 2064, null, 'hellp', null, 'hey hey', 1). (SQL_ERROR)

this is what i get when testing out my insert form (for creating a new topic on my forum) is there something i missed?

also i use the logout user action and it seems to work but when you click it on the site it send you to the page like i have set but if you go to other pages it still has you logged in. how do i fix that?
            • 3. Re: email error with user registration page
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              ------
              SQL error: INSERT INTO message_msg (idtop_msg, idusr_msg, date_msg, subject_msg, cat_id, content_msg, subscribe_msg) values (null, 2064, null, 'hellp', null, 'hey hey', 1). (SQL_ERROR)

this is what i get when testing out my insert form (for creating a new topic on my forum) is there something i missed?
              ------

hard to say -- maybe some of the columns which receive a NULL value have been defined as NOT NULL ?

------
              also i use the logout user action and it seems to work but when you click it on the site it send you to the page like i have set but if you go to other pages it still has you logged in. how do i fix that?
              ------

make sure to add ADDT´s "Restrict access to page" behaviour to whatever "other page" -- this will check if the session still exist, optionally check the access permission as defined in ADDT´s "levels", and automatically forward to the login page if those criteria aren´t met

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver