2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2008 3:21 AM by (Laurence_Lewis)

Email from Dynamic List

(Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
      Hi,

I have tried but cannot see a way to do this. Is it possible to add a Send Email function to a dynamic list that can be filtered to one of the database fields.

I want to be able to send an email to people in a database list where I can filter the emails to only send to people who have a certain access level.

Please let me know if this is possible with ADDT.

Thanks

Cheers
      Laurence
        • 1. Re: Email from Dynamic List
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Laurence,

adding a Send Email behaviour to a Dynamic List ? Don´t think that this is possible, because a list doesn´t provide any Insert/Update etc transaction which you could attach the Send Email trigger to.

----
          where I can filter the emails to only send to people who have a certain access level
          ----

You certainly can do that from a regular Insert/Update form, and the related recordset should filter the recipients like this:

"SELECT * FROM user_table WHERE user_level" equals 1 or whatever level you prefer

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Email from Dynamic List
            (Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
            Hi Gunter

Thanks

I have used the send email with an update form. However I wanted to double the list as a contacts mail out. Never mind I'll have to work it some other way.

Cheers
            Laurence