2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2008 4:25 PM by (Ryan_Hollis)

XML export trouble

Im trying to create a dynamic photo gallery using Spry and XML that will ultimately resemble the spry gallery demo(http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry/demos/gallery/). My troubles occur when i attempt to create a dataset off of a dynamic recordset in an XMLexport.php file (like the tutorial - Using XML Export to create dynamic Spry data sets) i have trouble.

I have my dynamic XML file named export.php and when i navigate to export.php it displays the data in the proper format (xml style). My trouble comes when i try to incorporate export.php into my XML dataset. I navigate to the file and click schema and i get a Design Time Feed error. The first line states that it failed to get schema from dynamic data, it then ask me to provide a design time feed.

When i close the pop-up window i get an error message in the row element window of the - invalid document structure (1,1).

What am I missing when i do this?

Just so its easy to establish my document structure i use Xampp on my laptop with htdocs being my root and each site in their own folder within htdocs. I have my localhost set to htdocs so the database will.

Cheers
      Ryan
        • 1. Re: XML export trouble
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Ryan,

-----
          I navigate to the file and click schema and i get a Design Time Feed error. The first line states that it failed to get schema from dynamic data, it then ask me to provide a design time feed
          -----

at this point Spry´s Dreamweaver UI expects a "hardcoded" XML file containing all the nodes & values etc -- the XML structure and data of your export.php will be parsed and generated by your server, but Dreamweaver itself is no web server and can´t parse PHP files from within.

That said, code yourself a real XML file containing just one node with "dummy" data, and make sure that its XML structure plus data format will be identical to what your export.php file will also generate -- use this static XML file to feed Spry´s UI, and when your page can be considered "ready for consumption", replace the pointer to your "dummy" XML file with a link to export.php

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: XML export trouble
            Level 1
            Ok, i was hoping to not have to do that and if it was said in the Tutorial i must have missed the five times i read it.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yet again you have solved a perplexing problem for me.

Cheers
            Ryan