4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2008 5:27 PM by (Cheryl_James)

Adding Email Server Information Brings to a halt

I've tried it two or three times now on three different sites. Any time I add email server information in the Control Panel of Developer's Toolbox, Dreamweaver just spins it's wheels.

Am I doing it wrong or.....Or is it even needed? Need more information on what this function is for.

I tried doing the tutorials off of the Adobe site in regards to Contact Forms utilizing Developers Toolbox and I can't get anywhere because of this issue.

As soon as I remove server information from the Email Settings the site is back to normal.

Cheryl
        • 1. Re: Adding Email Server Information Brings to a halt
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Cheryl,

the only thing you´d usually need to enter in here, is the "Default Sender", means your email address. Those other fields are meant for folks which have to use the host´s SMTP capabilities, but most hosts don´t require respectively support this, so the email address is usually sufficient.

What happens if you´re just entering the Default Sender, will Dreamweaver play nice now ?

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Adding Email Server Information Brings to a halt
            Level 1
            I'm having this issue with the Email Server and trying to Restrict Access to Folder. Just comes to a halt and I get the Not Responding.

Tried accessing the email setting to just do as you say and DW just sat there and eventually quit.
            • 3. Re: Adding Email Server Information Brings to a halt
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Oh, that´s an issue I haven´t heard of so far -- and this happens when you have a page opened in DW which contains both the Restrict Access to Folder plus a Send Email instance, correct ? When you have blank PHP page opened instead, does DW behave normal when changing your Email settings in the Control Panel ?

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
              • 4. Re: Adding Email Server Information Brings to a halt
                Level 1
                Either Restrict Access or a Send Email Instance. Once I have tried to add either one of these to a page or successfully added, then I can't use ADDT at all.

For instance I click on any of the Wizards to run them, I get a ADDT window with the word loading across it. It sits and spins.

I have spent all afternoon trying to just get back to where I can work with ADDT again normally. The only way I have found that ADDT will work again after trying to utilize the email function or the Login function is to delete all of the ADDT include files and re-install.

Not very time affective.