15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2008 11:20 AM by (Cheryl_James)

Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work

Level 1
      Okay, got everything how I want it on the administration end and it works tested locally.

Uploaded to the web server and now the Dynamic Forms that I created using the Wizard are giving me an error.

Error:
      Internal error.
      Developer Details:
      tNG_multipleUpdate.getLocalRecordset:
      Error message:
      No database selected
      SQL statement:
      SELECT First_Name,Last_Name,statusID,divisionID,owner_picture,ownerID, ownerID as kt_pk_owner FROM owner WHERE ownerID=3. (MUPD_RS)
      tNG Execution Trace - VIEW

Thought maybe an include didn't get uploaded so redid those.

The Dynamic List page works, so the connection key is fine. The public site is fine too.

Suggestions?

Cheryl
        • 1. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
          Level 1
          Tried restoring all of my Includes files. Redoing the forms. Nothing.

Any suggestions?
          • 2. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
            The error message here denotes that the database management system does not know what database schema to run the SQL query against. Specifically, the FROM clause needs to specify what database schema the table exists in and that it needs to be more fully qualified. i.e.,

SELECT ... FROM some_database_schema.owner WHERE ...

It is the "some_database_schema." part before owner that would fix the SQL. I do not know what to suggest within the ADDT context to fix this without knowing more details. In other words, the error is glaring but the root cause in the GUI is another story.
            • 3. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
              Level 1
              It works on my test server running php5, Mysql 5 and Apache. Everything tests great.

The web hosting company says it's in the scripting. Since it's all ADDT generated scripting, don't have a clue on what's going on. Why would it work on my testing server and not on the web-server?

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /hermes/bosweb/web035/b354/ipw.stancikq/public_html/includes/tng/tNG_multipleUpdate.class .php on line 164

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /hermes/bosweb/web035/b354/ipw.stancikq/public_html/includes/tng/tNG_multipleUpdate.class .php on line 174
              Error:
              Internal error.
              Developer Details:
              Error message:
              No database selected
              SQL statement:
              SELECT First_Name,Last_Name,statusID,divisionID,owner_picture,ownerID, ownerID as kt_pk_owner FROM owner WHERE ownerID=5. (MUPD_RS)
              • 4. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                Level 1
                Here's a link to the code for one of the files in questions.

http://www.stancikquarterhorses.com/news_form.txt
                • 5. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                  Level 1
                  http://www.stancikquarterhorses.com/owner_form.txt
                  • 6. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                    Günter Schenk Level 4
                    Hi Cheryl,

when looking at the source code of both forms, it seems that several ADDT "components" are located outside the ....tag:

1. displayValidationRules();?>

2. two javascript calls:

includes/nxt/scripts/form.js
                    includes/nxt/scripts/form.js.php

3. $NXT_FORM_SETTINGS = {
                    duplicate_buttons: true,
                    show_as_grid: true,
                    merge_down_value: true
                    }

That stuff should be located within the head and not within the document´s body (here: after the last empty paragraph) -- and I reckon that this might indeed be a possible reason for your forms to work incorrectly.

Don´t know if this happens due to that in your case, but it´s often been reported that using DW templates in conjuction with ADDT forms/list occasionally mess things up.

Cheers,
                    Günter Schenk
                    Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
                    • 7. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                      Level 1
                      Didn't seem to make a difference. Now I'm getting a little different error at the top but still basically the same.

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /hermes/bosweb/web035/b354/ipw.stancikq/public_html/includes/tng/tNG_multipleUpdate.class .php on line 164

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /hermes/bosweb/web035/b354/ipw.stancikq/public_html/includes/tng/tNG_multipleUpdate.class .php on line 174
                      Error:
                      Internal error.
                      Developer Details:
                      Error message:
                      No database selected
                      SQL statement:
                      SELECT First_Name,Last_Name,owner_picture,statusID,divisionID,ownerID, ownerID as kt_pk_owner FROM owner WHERE ownerID=5. (MUPD_RS)

Here's the php is set up.

http://www.stancikquarterhorses.com/admin/test.php
                      • 8. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                        Günter Schenk Level 4
                        Hi Cheryl,

you said that ADDT works fine on your localhost environment, but not on the remote host -- I wonder if your host´s PHP configuration matches the following "system requirement":

------- (quote from the ADDT specs sheet)
                        If using PHP, the following libraries must be installed and enabled: Expat and mbstring. Expat is an XML parser library and should be built into most server installations. The mbstring library handles multibyte encodings in PHP
                        --------

Can you please check with your host if the Expat and mbstring libraries are installed/enabled ?

Cheers,
                        Günter Schenk
                        • 9. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                          Level 1
                          I looked at the phpinfo on the web-server and mbstring is enabled but I couldn't find the Expat.

But I also couldn't find Expat in the phpinfo on my test server either.

I was looking at the setup on the web-server vs. home server and not seeing that much difference.

I did see this on my home server:
                          _REQUEST["kt_login_test"] 5dfd754bb78d140da746b2c685a6fd78
                          _REQUEST["kt_login_id"] 1
                          _COOKIE["kt_login_test"] 5dfd754bb78d140da746b2c685a6fd78
                          _COOKIE["kt_login_id"] 1

Where the web-server didn't have that. It was located under the PHP variables on test server.
                          • 10. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                            Level 1
                            Stepping back to the root cause (again, the SQL error message), what you should look at is that your database configuration is correct for the live server. This line:

<?php require_once('Connections/conn_sqh.php'); ?>

shows where the connection data is stored in the automatically generated files. Please ensure that the:

$database_sqh = "some_schema_name";

line has the correct value for your live server in place of "some_schema_name" as that is what the root cause of your error message is. You can change this in the ADDT Control Panel->Login Settings->Database tab by using the using the "Define.." button on the connection.

There is likely an easier way to access this info, but I would recommend simply rewriting the connection file to change the values based upon the value of $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] to get something that works locally and remotely without any changes. If you change the file, then ensure you set the parameter before modifying it based on the host:

$hostname_someconnection = "localhost";
                            if( isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) && $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] != 'localhost' )
                            {
                                $hostname_someconnection = "someconnection.local";
                            }

If you fail to do this in the correct order, then you can break the GUI. This technique lets you use a proper FTP tool for upload to a site which can save huge amounts of time but it also adds to your administrative overhead.
                            • 11. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                              Level 1
                              I was thinking that the connection file was okay since the live site works fine and the files that I utilized the Dynamic List Wizard worked fine. They show the proper information.

Is this not the case? Could my connection file be wrong even though these are working?

I do have to have two separate connection files in order for site to work. One for my test server and one for the web-server. They are called the same just uploaded to different places.
                              • 12. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                                Günter Schenk Level 4
                                Hi Cheryl,

if your connection file were wrong, nothing would work at all, so that can´t be the problem.

We´ll need to find out in how far the remote PHP settings differ from your localhost environment, as I reckon that something in here causes such problems -- can I send you a private mail asking for such details which shouldn´t be revealed in a public forum ? Just say yes/no, as forums host I know where to write to.

Cheers,
                                Günter Schenk
                                • 14. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                                  sent.

Cheers,
                                  Günter Schenk
                                  • 15. Re: Uploaded Admin to Server - Dynamic Forms don't work
                                    Level 1
                                    Emailed replies to your email. Hope you go them.