5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2008 4:16 PM by (Cheryl_James)

Anyone using Ipower .com with ADDT?

I have my sites hosted on ipower.com and when I uploaded the administrative side of the sites, I get an internal error when trying to access the Insert, Update and Delete forms.

The live site works find. Ipower.com has no issues with using ADDT to obtain information from the database. It's just the Insert, Update and Delete aspect.

Is there anyone out there that has their site hosted with ipower that has successfully used the Forms? If so, what hoops did you have to jump through? How is your backend set up?

Thanks,
      Cheryl
        • 1. Re: Anyone using Ipower .com with ADDT?
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Cheryl,

was just looking at the ipower.com website to see some info on their PHP configuration -- they´re running PHP 5, what´s fine with ADDT.

But what puzzles me, is what they say about "Running PHP sessions":

----
          To run PHP sessions, include the following code at the top of any PHP script that uses sessions:

session_save_path("your home directory path"/cgi-bin/tmp);
          session_start();
          ----

adding the session_start(); is what ADDT Lists and Forms automatically do behind the scenes, so that´s not a problem -- but having to set the session_save_path everytime is absolutely unusual for web hosts out there, as this setting is normally defined in your account´s php.ini.

Most ADDT lists and forms will be using sessions for various tasks, like retrieving the "kt_login_id" or other session variables, so I´m pretty sure that your forms don´t work because of the missing "session_save_path".

What you could do to find out if it´s true, is to add...

...on line 1 of your forms -- but IMO you could also try and nag the host until they do away with having their customers adding that line everytime, what´s really not professional at all.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Anyone using Ipower .com with ADDT?
            Level 1
            I'll try that and see if it works. Thanks for looking into that. Even if I had seen that, I wouldn't have known what it meant.
            • 3. Re: Anyone using Ipower .com with ADDT?
              Level 1
              I looked at the error log on the backend of the site and here is the php error it's generating.

PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0
              PHP Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_975b86d9e838852df115d4da83f682a4, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

I can change the php.ini for the backend of this site. I just don't know what/where to change it to.

Ipower does give you that availability.
              • 4. Re: Anyone using Ipower .com with ADDT?
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                the ipower folks will have to make sure that the "var/php_sessions" actually exists -- it seems to be missing right now.

------
                I can change the php.ini for the backend of this site. I just don't know what/where to change it to.
                ------

just contact the ipower support :-)

Cheers,
                Günter Schenk
                Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
                • 5. Re: Anyone using Ipower .com with ADDT?
                  Level 1
                  I'm on with them right now. Thanks.