4 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2008 11:40 AM by (Channel_Sanderson)

delete checkbox for multiple rows

Hi everyone, I have an admin interface that I created and with the records which have an edit hyperlink and delete hyperlink which does the update and delete transaction.
      I am deleting like 100 or so records once a month.
      I would like to have a checkbox next to the record and I can just check off the ones I want to delete and then click a button at the bottom which will delete all the records that have a checkmark on them.
      How would I go about doing this?
      I have the single delete record hyperlink working for a delete transaction but cannot figure out how to achieve the above mentioned behavior.
      any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank You
      dave
        • 1. Re: delete checkbox for multiple rows
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Dave,

as this checkbox-driven record selection is a native feature of ADDT´s Dynamic Lists, how about creating a separate Dynamic List / Dynamic Form tandem and stripping the List from unneeded elements like the insert & update links ?

All you´d need is the "Delete all" link at the bottom

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: delete checkbox for multiple rows
            Level 1
            Hi Gunther,. I tried your suggestion as above, and everytime I removed all the unwanted elements like the edit links and update links, the delete portion wouldnt work.
            so this is what I did I used my regular page, and when listing the records it automatically puts a check box field and I have a delete checked button at the bottom. and next to EACH record I have a delete link so you can delete individual records which queries a delete.php by id and deletes the individual recordset.
            but now I have these checkboxes and I want when checked and click on delete checked button, it automatically goes to delete.php and deletes all the records that have to id of the ones that are checked.
            I have put numerous hours into this and have no idea what I am doing wrong.
            I would even email someone my code to look at it. I would place my code here but there is no place to import code in this forum that I see. any help would be greatly appreciated.
            Dave
            • 3. Re: delete checkbox for multiple rows
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Dave,

I guess I was a little wrong when suggesting to delete the *single* edit button located on the right side of each record -- this link specifies the page where all add/edit/delete actions are supposed to get executed, means where you´d have to implement the Dynamic Form.

If you delete that link, the links located at the List´s bottom will no longer work, because they internally refer to the page that´s specified for the abovementioned "edit" link. Shame on me ;-)

That said, it´s probably better to create a standard Dynamic List/ Dynamic Form pair without stripping anything from the list.

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
              • 4. Re: delete checkbox for multiple rows
                Finally found a post that's sort of related to what I want to do. :-)
                I'm trying to create a page where I can sort by the column heads, select records I want to print by checking a checkbox, re-sort, check some more and then click print at the bottom.
                Is this something I can do with ADDT? And how?

New to PHP and DW and MYSQL

Thanks for your patience.
                Channel