3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2008 4:00 PM by cptuser-eH0Zx2

Quick Validation Query

(Laurence_Lewis)
      Hi All

What is this for

displayValidationRules();?>

It appears before the head section in a page. I know its to do with validating forms but why does it appear in this position.

Cheers

Laurence
        • 1. Re: Quick Validation Query
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Laurence,

-----
          why does it appear in this position.
          -----

why not ? :-)

$tNGs->displayValidationRules() relates to the function displayValidationRules() located in the file "includes/tng/tNG_dispatcher.class.php", and it construct the Javascript to be used in a page for client side validation.

All that javascript gets actually written to the document´s head, and when looking at the form´s source code in a browser, you will see stuff like that:

KT_FVO['article_id'] = {required: true, type: 'numeric', errorMessage: 'Please make a selection !'}
          KT_FVO['headline'] = {required: true, type: 'text', errorMessage: 'Required !'}
          KT_FVO['page_number'] = {required: true, type: 'numeric', errorMessage: 'Required !'}

KT_FVO_properties['noTriggers'] += 1;
          KT_FVO_properties['noTransactions'] += 1;

...and that´s why echo $tNGs->displayValidationRules(); needs to remain in the head

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Quick Validation Query
            (Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
            Hi Günter

Why not indeed :-)

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Laurence
            • 3. Re: Quick Validation Query
              cptuser-eH0Zx2
              Hi,
              Every time i create a form using the Adobe Develop tool box, I get javascript error when the page loads:

KT_FVO is not defined

But the links to the javascxript files are there, as created by the Wizard. Could someone please help! It comes up on all my forms.