4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2008 3:50 PM by (Aaron_Turbowebguy)

ADDT can't connect to a my server when I use Linux v Windows host

When I was breaking into using ADDT, we were using a Windows host, we decided for ease of file permissions for our project to switch to Linux, now we can't make the database connection we get a 404 file not found, but! To double check it wasn't our configuration on the database configure page for ADDT, we made a basic PHP MySQL database connection file, uploaded it to the server, ran it from a browser, it connects fine! I'm using Dreamweaver CS3 with ADDT on MAX OS X Lepoard, any theories as to what would cause this? I'm all out of them.

Also should mention, I thought it might have something to do with our hosted account was a 'child' under a 'parent' reseller account (because the child user had a tilde ' ~ ' in it under the parent IP address e.g. http://123.123.123.123/~user, I've had issues with paypal integration with a tilde last year, tilde was gone, everything worked fine kind of scenario)...

but anyways, with a parent linux account, I tested it today and I still can't connect either! So...I know it's not that...

Any help or thoughts would be great! Thanks. -Aaron aka turbowebguy