6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2008 10:37 AM by (Ron_Brennan)

Dynamic Forms not working

Hello,

I can't seem to get a Dynamic form to work. When insert or cancel I get a URL error.

Please help.
        • 1. Re: Dynamic Forms not working
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Brennan,

so the Dynamic Form doesn´t forward you to the Dynamic List where it was triggered from ?

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Dynamic Forms not working
            Level 1
            No.

I simply select the Create Dynamic Form Wizard, follow the wizard through. When I attempt to insert or cancel, I am redirected to an expired webpage. My links are correct.
            • 3. Re: Dynamic Forms not working
              Waleed Barakat Level 1
              Hello Brennan
              try to change the default redirection
              ../includes/nxt/back.php
              into the list page.
              it will be more accurate if you have many dynamic lists. so if you clck cancel or insert or update the "buttons" knows where to go.
              • 4. Re: Dynamic Forms not working
                Level 1
                I am having a similar issue. I have used ADDT on other sites without a problem, but with one client, the Insert, Cancel or Update buttons on the dynamic form do not take me back to the Dynamic list page. Could it be the version of php/mysql they are using? Any help is appreciated.
                • 5. Re: Dynamic Forms not working
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  Hi Jeremy,

------
                  Could it be the version of php/mysql they are using?
                  ------

and what PHP version are they using ? However, that shouldn´t be related to the MySQL version though...

Cheers,
                  Günter Schenk
                  Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
                  • 6. Re: Dynamic Forms not working
                    Level 1
                    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the tip Gunter...I tried it and it didn't work.

When I insert, I get redirected to a "page not found", but the record gets inserted into the database.

I'm wondering if it is my Managed Site. I keep fumbling around until I get my site working. Currently I have my Local Info, which is my local folder and local IIS HTTP address. I have my Remote Info which is Local/Network Access and my Remote Folder on the LAN. I'm getting confussed with what my Testing Server should be. I have set my Server Model of PHP MySql and Access of Local/Network and the Tesing Server Folder as the same location as my Local Folder. My URL prefix is the same asa my local IIS HTTP address. Does all this look right?

The PHP version is 5.1.6