4 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2008 5:03 AM by Günter Schenk

Contact Management

Hi,

I want to thank you for your ever supports.
      I am working on a contact management site for an NGO. U can view the website 'm working on http://superiorinsight.net/contactcon/

Can I use ADDT to display more than one detail on the detail list. I mean where U have the name can i also have phone no | email address | date of birth.

Can I use ADDT to send emails to all the people on my list or to a specific group?

Can i also send text messages to people on their date of birth?

Can i send text messages to every one and also to groups or all.

Instead of having to insert all my contact can I upload excel sheet directly or inform of tab delimited, giving a heading to the excels that will automatically upload to the specific fields on the database.

Can I as well download the excel sheets.

I will appreciate your contributions please check this link to have a better idea http://superiorinsight.net/contactcon/. Thanks

Yomi
        • 1. Re: Contact Management
          Level 1
          Can I use ADDT to send emails to all the people on my list or to a specific group?

Can i send text messages to every one and also to groups or all.

Instead of having to insert all my contact can I upload excel sheet directly or inform of tab delimited, giving a heading to the excels that will automatically upload to the specific fields on the database.

Can I as well download the excel sheets.

I will appreciate your contributions please check this link to have a better idea http://superiorinsight.net/contactcon/. Thanks

Yomi
          • 2. Re: Contact Management
            Günter Schenk Level 4
            Hi Yomi,

------
            ------

you can use the "Send Email to Recipients from Recordset" behaviour for all those scenarios -- as the behaviour´s name says, the list of recipients is based on a recordset you need to define first, and this recordset can represent either all recipients from a table or a certain "group". In case you want to send an email to a certain group, you´ll have to define the "group criteria" in the recipients table, by e.g. adding another column to it and store information like "staff", "customer" or whatever you like.

-----
            Can i also send text messages
            -----

you can send Emails with attached text files, if it´s that what you mean

-----
            -----

emails are not getting sent automatically, you´ll have to define a so-called "cron job" on your server. However I think it should be possible to define a query which compares the recipient´s birthday with the current server date.

------
            Instead of having to insert all my contact can I upload excel sheet directly or inform of tab delimited, giving a heading to the excels that will automatically upload to the specific fields on the database
            ------

If you´re using a database administration tool like PhpMyAdmin, you can import data as comma separated values (CSV), which can be exported from Excel files. However, this is not related to ADDT, so please check the PhpMyAdmin documentation.

-----
            Can I as well download the excel sheets
            -----

ADDT doesn´t have any "export recordset as CSV" module, so you´ll have to search for a 3rd party extension which does that

Cheers,
            Günter Schenk
            Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
            • 3. Re: Contact Management
              Level 1
              Thanks for the reply
              -------------
              Can i also send text messages
              -------------
              I meant sending SMS to phones via the internet. Is there a way i can integrate this to my application

------
              If you´re using a database administration tool like PhpMyAdmin, you can import data as comma separated values (CSV), which can be exported from Excel files. However, this is not related to ADDT, so please check the PhpMyAdmin documentation.
              -----
              The upload of the CSV or evcel is not suppose to be from the Phpmyadmin back end.
              I want to integrate it on the site such that some one can upload his personal excel file from the front end. I mean the online admin page. In doing this I might need to specify some parameters in the recordset.
              • 4. Re: Contact Management
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                Hi Yomi,

----
                I meant sending SMS to phones via the internet. Is there a way i can integrate this to my application
                ----

no clue about that, sorry.

In regards to importing CSV files into the database from your website, you might want to have a look at the Felixone "FX Import-Export CSV" extension: http://www.felixone.it/extensions/prod/mxiecsven.asp

Cheers,
                Günter Schenk
                Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver