7 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2008 11:49 AM by (shane_mosier)

Problems in Dyanmic form wizard

Level 1
      Hi,

I have created a dynamic list wizard in which i have used a recordset which is populating the data from two tables. Now i want to edit the record which is displayed but dynamic form wizard dosnt give me any option to select that recordset which i have created in the dynamic list wizard.

I can select a single table from the dynamic form wizard which can only edit the columns associated with that table only but not the columns from the other table.

I can't figure out this problem.
      Any idea what is the solution to this problem??
        • 1. Re: Problems in Dyanmic form wizard
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Javed,

does that particular recordset actually exist in the Dynamic Form ? If not, you´ll apparently have to add it there too.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Problems in Dyanmic form wizard
            Level 1
            Hi Gunter,
            Thanks for the quick reply.

no, it only gives the option to select from the tables, no recordset option.
            I have also tried to create another recordset in dynamic form wizard but i dont know how to use that recordset to update the records??

Also i am getting an error when using dynamic form wizard:

SQL TYPE NOT RECOGNISED: "DOUBLE UNSIGNED".

M sure you should have solutions to these problems.

Regards
            Javed
            • 3. Re: Problems in Dyanmic form wizard
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Javed,

please try with adding that recordset to the page prior to launching the Dynamic Form wizard.

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              • 4. Re: Problems in Dyanmic form wizard
                Level 1
                Hi Gunter,

I have created another recordset on form.php but i dont know how to use that particular recordset to update the records??

I have created recordset first and then tried to use the dynamic form wizard but it still dosent giv any option to slect from the recordset.

I have tried it several times but i cant figure it out!!

Regards
                javed
                • 5. Re: Problems in Dyanmic form wizard
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  Hi Javed,

guess I misunderstood your first post.

If you want to insert/update/delete more than one table, you should give ADDT´s master-details List&Forms approach a try -- that´s something I admittedly rarely worked with so far, but from the description it seems that this is doing what you need.

Cheers,
                  Günter Schenk
                  • 6. Re: Problems in Dyanmic form wizard
                    Level 1
                    Hi Gunter,

I have tried ADDT´s master-details List&Forms approach but it still dosnt give any solution to my problem!!

Is there any other way so that we can use a recordset which contains data of two tables??

Regards
                    javed
                    • 7. Re: Problems in Dyanmic form wizard
                      Level 1
                      Javed,

There's no way to use the dynamic form wizard to update 2 tables. I am assuming the recordset you created uses a join operation to grab data from 2 tables. The dynamic form wizard is not designed to insert/update into 2 tables.

I think you will need to do quite a bit of hand coding to do this. Basically it would involve using ADDT's custom triggers. Your could do a manual database call in a custom trigger to insert/update the second table. Or you could use a custom trigger to redirect the dynamic form wizard to another form page to update the second table.

I don't think this is something you can do with ADDT's wizards. You need to use the wizards and do some hand coding.

Shane