11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2008 1:15 PM by lockjaw8y9

multiple image upload problem

When trying to use the Multiple Image Upload feature I get this error
      A script in this movie is causing Flash Player 9 to run slowly, if it continues your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?

This message pops up after a single file is uploaded, the second bar labeled progress remains at 0%.

I have experimented with this all day with no luck, any help would be great...

Forgot to mention, PHP/MYSQL

Also happens if I try multiple file upload vs. image.

I can't tell if it's ADDT or Flash, hopefully since they are both adobe someone can figure it out.

Thanks in advance...
        • 1. Re: multiple image upload problem
          oicram Level 1
          Hi,

In the site root add a .htaccess file containing the following lines:

SecFilterEngine Off
          SecFilterScanPOST Off

that works for me.
          • 2. Re: multiple image upload problem
            Thanks thats what i need.
            • 3. Re: multiple image upload problem
              Level 1
              I've got the same problem.

The thing is that I'm pretty sure it is a server setting as it worked fine for a couple of months and then suddenly I started to get the error message.

If I add that to the .htaccess file I no longer get the error message, but the file(s) don't get uploaded and the database doesn't get updated.

There is no error message, it just looks like it is working normally, but nothing actually gets uploaded or updated.

Any suggestions on what to try or what to suggest to change on the server would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mike V.
              • 5. Re: multiple image upload problem
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                Hi Mike,

------
                The thing is that I'm pretty sure it is a server setting as it worked fine for a couple of months and then suddenly I started to get the error message
                ------

you´re probably right with this assumption, but I think you´d better first ask your host to provide some info on what server settings have been changed.

Cheers,
                Günter Schenk
                Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
                • 6. Re: multiple image upload problem
                  lockjaw8y9
                  I'm getting the same failure behavior, and since I manage the server myself, I can safely say that there was no change to the server configuration between the time when the flash upload worked (before) and when it did not work (now). Adding the .htaccess file masks the problem rather than fixing it.
                  • 7. Re: multiple image upload problem
                    Level 1
                    Could it be something to do with the version of Flash?

I can't think of anything that may have changed between it working and it not working for me if it isn't a server setting.
                    • 8. Re: multiple image upload problem
                      Adding this to the .htaccess file totally fixed the Flash crashing problem.

SecFilterEngine Off
                      SecFilterScanPOST Off

I also had to add this to my php.ini file

upload_max_filesize = 100M
                      post_max_size = 100M

Good luck. The multiple image uploading is pretty cool once you get it figured out.
                      • 9. Re: multiple image upload problem
                        Günter Schenk Level 4
                        Folks,

just some observations and facts in regards to using a .htaccess file:

1. some hosts might be ignoring your .htaccess files -- if you suspect this might be the case, ask your host if "AllowOverride All" has been enabled in the server´s httpd.conf

-----
                        I also had to add this to my php.ini file
                        -----

2. that´s fine as long you *can* change whatever php.ini settings directly, but as most shared hosting providers won´t even grant you access to that, you´ll have to resort to the .htaccess file.

Well, if .htaccess files are not getting ignored, you can try to set your preferred "post_max_size" values in here once and for all -- like this:

php_value post_max_size 100M
                        php_value upload_max_filesize 100M
                        php_value memory_limit 128M

3. another solution would be to temporarily changing a certain php_ini value in your script, e.g. by adding...

... on line 1 of your Multiple Image Upload page. However this might or might not work as expected, because (quoting a post on the php.net forums...) "the upload_max_filesize will get set but uploaded files are already passed to your PHP script before the settings are changed".

Cheers,
                        Günter Schenk
                        Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
                        • 10. Re: multiple image upload problem
                          Level 1
                          Thanks, editing the .htaccess worked for me too! Not sure what changed, I suspected a new version of Flash, but my website was also upgraded recently too.
                          • 11. Re: multiple image upload problem
                            lockjaw8y9 Level 1
                            I have been struggling with this for a month or so, and to no avail. I use an XServe, with MacOSX Server 10.4.11, and changing AllowOverride from anything but "None" breaks the configuration file and web services die. Of course, the config file is a kind of a Frankenstein, with lots of Apple specific modifications. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with modifying this file in a non-destructive way so as to allow us to get the multiple file uploader working again?

Alternatively, can we get our hands on the Flash file that made the SWF? I have even tried adjusting the timeout in the javascript file that triggers the SWF control, but no soap. I have a feeling that something is either timing out, and that we might be able to make an adjustment in the SWF...

Thanks!