7 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2008 12:51 AM by (Iain_MacDonald)

Error creating temporary table

Am new to ADDT, and just trying it out. Just followed the wizard through for an Insert Record, but am just getting an error message on the page :

http://www.pixelar.co.uk/admin/addnew.php

I've put up the code as a text file here :

http://www.pixelar.co.uk/insertrecord.rtf

Any help much appreciated - I thought I'd get a bit further than this before running into issues!
        • 1. Re: Error creating temporary table
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Iain,

I see you have named one column "MP1-3" -- hyphens as well as other special characters are forbidden in MySQL column names. The only allowed special char would be an underscore, so please with renaming the column to MP1_3.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Error creating temporary table
            Level 1
            Cheers for that - I'd started rebuilding it with fewer fields, and it seemed fine, so I figured it might be a special character issue.

I also realised where I was going wrong with uploading files - am I right in thinking I should create the insert new record form in a page as step one, and then apply any file upload behaviours?

Also, do you know if it's possible to change the value of a Y/N checkbox to display as 'Yes' rather than just 'Y'?
            • 3. Re: Error creating temporary table
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Iain,

----
              am I right in thinking I should create the insert new record form in a page as step one, and then apply any file upload behaviours?
              ----

yes, because implementing a File Upload behaviour will only work when the page in question already has an Insert or Update Record behaviour defined.

----
              Also, do you know if it's possible to change the value of a Y/N checkbox to display as 'Yes' rather than just 'Y'?
              ----

here´s my long-winded reply: depends :-)

Checkbox values are getting submitted to the database as Y/N or 1/0 on principle, and there´s no way to change that -- however it´s possible to display the Y value in a different way on whatever page. It´s that what you mean ?

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              • 4. Re: Error creating temporary table
                Level 1
                The file upload thing - that's what I'd come to think. I think when I first installed ADDT I thought the options that appear in the panel at the top were all the options, but in fact there are several more accessible via the server behaviours panel. <br /> <br />The checkbox value thing - yes, literally just to display 'Yes' rather than just 'Y' on any page - I thought maybe I just had to change the value in the code : <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />here from 'Y' to 'Yes', but that didn't seem to work. <br /> <br />How would I go about that? <table> <tr> <td class="KT_th"> <label for="JPEG">JPEG:</label> </td> <td> <input <?php if (!(strcmp(KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsphotoframes['JPEG']),"Y"))) {echo "checked";} ?> type="checkbox" name="JPEG" id="JPEG" value="Y" /> <br /> <?php echo $tNGs->displayFieldError("photoframes", "JPEG"); ?></td> </tr> </table>
                • 5. Re: Error creating temporary table
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  -----
                  The checkbox value thing - yes, literally just to display 'Yes' rather than just 'Y' on any page
                  ------

that´s where ADDT´s "Show IF Conditional Region" behaviour comes into play:

1. type Yes and highlight it

2. open the "Show IF Conditional Region" behaviour from the Server Behaviours menu

3. Expression 1: select the recordset´s column which holds the Y/N value

4. Condition: == (aka equals)

5. Expression 2: type "Y" in here (without the quotes)

6. optionally: tick the "has Else" checkbox

7. confirm with OK

This behaviour will actually add a standard PHP IF statement to your page, where the previously highlighted text "Yes" will be displayed when the columns´value equals "Y" -- and the "has Else" option will add an ELSE statement below for displaying an alternate text if the column´s value doe snot equal "Y" (probably the N value)

-----
                  I thought maybe I just had to change the value in the code
                  -----

better don´t do that ;-)

Cheers,
                  Günter Schenk
                  • 6. Re: Error creating temporary table
                    Level 1
                    OK - makes sense, if a bit of a long road for a shortcut!

On my edit record page, I just usually change the value in the value="" part - I'd have thought that was kinda what it was for?

Anyway - with the show... if... thing - where exactly should I be typing 'Yes'?
                    • 7. Re: Error creating temporary table
                      Level 1
                      Sorry - just got that -

// Show IF Conditional region1
                      if (@$row_WADAphotoframes['JPEG'] == "Y") {
                      ?>
                      Yes
                      // endif Conditional region1
                      ?>

Instead of :