5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2009 12:05 AM by 921creative

account expiration problem

i've set a user registration form into my site using addt, have set the database to have an activation column, set to TIMESTAMP, no null and current_time, this works to give me the date of membership, but its the expiration that isn't working, its set in the control centre to expire after 90 days, column is set as DATETIME, null (as it won't allow no null when you attempt to login) and all the database is getting is the null value?!?! driving me up the wall lol, any ideas on the right setting, or if i'm missing something obvious

regards alan
        • 1. Re: account expiration problem
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Alan,

my own ADDT expiration columns are set like this: `expiration` int(3) NOT NULL default '100' -- this column isn´t meant to store a date, it stores a number like 100 (days)

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: account expiration problem
            Level 1
            hi gunter, i've actually just come across your site, and implemented your tables, but now when i click on the activation link in the e-mail it takes me to the log-in screen and when a login is attemptted it says account expired, when queried its coming back with 0000-00-00-00:00:00 for registration date and 0000-00-00 00:00:00 for disable date ?? what have i done wrong ??
            • 3. Re: account expiration problem
              Level 1
              even if i change the database log so the disable date is in the future, then click the activate link it still tells me my account has expired? surely altering the row to a future date should bypass the account expiry by telling it it hasn't expired?
              • 4. Re: account expiration problem
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                Hi Alan,

just gave that a try on a test site, and it works well, both the registration date column and the disable date column contain valid dates.

Well, what could be the reason ? Maybe for some reason DW did not automatically upload the file "includes/tng/tNG_config.inc.php" (which actually includes the ADDT login settings) to the remote server after having made some changes -- DW´s FTP module for some reason never does this on my server, so I always have to upload modified files manually. However, can you please check if your remote server has the latest "tNG_config.inc.php" file version in that directory ?

Cheers,
                Günter Schenk
                Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
                • 5. Re: account expiration problem
                  921creative Level 1
                  Hi Gunter,

I'm at a point with my application that I need to set up the account expiration correctly. My default expiration is 365 days from date of registration. Can you explain what to do if you want to show the user how many days are left in his membership? Does ADDT automatically calculate the days remaining from the registration date?

Thanks for any help you can give.