3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2008 12:03 AM by (Oriyomi_Shokunbi)

Updating page

Level 1
      Hi, <br />I am working on a CMS website.<br />I am having issues with the update page.<br />I created a master-detail page set in DW which displays the articles.<br />and to the links I added a url that should submit to the update page. update.php?recordid=<php....> <br />while on the update page I created a recordset with DW and I added  the update wizard with ADDT. <br />On preview the master page i clicked on the link which took me to the update page but the issue here is that it did not call the database and on completing the form it does not update the request.<br />Can U please help me know how best to update a page. This is different from updating login details where U call session ID.<br />Thanks for your usual support.<br />Yomi
        • 1. Re: Updating page
          Level 1
          I am working on a CMS website. <br />I am having issues with the update page. <br />I created a master-detail page set in DW which displays the articles. <br />and to the links I added a url that should submit to the update page. update.php?recordid=<php....> <br />while on the update page I created a recordset with DW and I added the update wizard with ADDT. <br />On preview the master page i clicked on the link which took me to the update page but the issue here is that it did not call the database and on completing the form it does not update the request. <br />Can U please help me know how best to update a page. This is different from updating login details where U call session ID. <br />Thanks for your usual support. <br />Yomi
          • 2. Re: Updating page
            Level 1
            Yomi,

In the Update Record Form Wizard, Step 1, Primary key equals should be set to URL Parameter and recordid should be entered to the right of that drop down.

This tells ADDT to look in the URL for the primary key of the record that needs updating. As long as it is passed correcty in the URL, your update form should work.

Shane
            • 3. Re: Updating page
              Level 1
              Thanks Shane,
              That was exactly what i did, but it does not call the updateable table.

Could the problem be from the next form field where you have
              first check variable to give form variable= KT_Update1

thanks for your assistant
              Yomi