2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2008 8:37 AM by (S_M_AZMAT_SHAH)

How to send session variables in Email templates in ADDT

I need help.I have a session variable $_SESSION["form"]["Name_"]. I need to send it in email template in ADDT. i have used many combinations of this variable with braces {}but it doesnt work.can anyone help me plz?
        • 1. Re: How to send session variables in Email templates in ADDT
          Level 1
          S M AZMAT SHAH,

From what I know, you can't reference SESSION "array" variables using ADDT's markup {} like you can with regular SESSION variables. In other words, if you want to use ADDT's markup with {} to reference a SESSION variable, it cannot be an array.

$_SESSION['formName'] is usable because it is a regular variable, but $_SESSION["form"]["Name_"] is not because it is an array.

If you must use an array for this SESSION I would think you would be fine useing $_SESSION["form"]["Name_"] though you would probably need to hand code a work around in the ADDT code. This should be fairly easy I think.

If you need help, create your page with the email behavior and post the ADDT code here. Make sure you setup your email like you need it and just add {test}, or whatever, where you need $_SESSION["form"]["Name_"] to display in the email. We'll see if we can show you how to do a work around.

Shane
          • 2. Re: How to send session variables in Email templates in ADDT
            Level 1
            Thanks Shane for replying.

Infact you are right.When i use regular session array variable in (write content) of the send Email server behaviour, it works fine.But i really wanted to use that same server variable in the (Retrieve Content from file}, so i guess you have depressed me enough that i cant use array variables in {} style.