7 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2008 3:55 PM by (Purple_Edge)

Error Using DynamicForm Wizard

I created a form using the Dynamic Form wizard as I have done many times before but I receive the following error messages when trying to view the page:

Error:
      Internal error.
      Developer Details:
      tNG_multipleUpdate.getLocalRecordset:
      Error message:
      You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc,filename,sort_order,active,phone_id, phone_id as kt_pk_pho
      SQL statement:
      SELECT manufacturer_id,model_name,desc,filename,sort_order,active,phone_id, phone_id as kt_pk_phone_details FROM phone_details WHERE phone_id=1. (MUPD_RS)
      tNG Execution Trace - VIEW
      tNG_multipleInsert.executeTransaction
      STARTER.Trigger_Default_Starter
      tNG_multipleUpdate.executeTransaction
      tNG_multipleDelete.executeTransaction
      tNG_multipleUpdate.getRecordset
      tNG_multipleUpdate.getLocalRecordset*
        • 1. Re: Error Using DynamicForm Wizard
          Level 1
          Post the SQL SELECT code from you page that starts with...

SELECT manufacturer_id,model_name,desc,filename,sort_order,active,phone_id, phone_id as kt_pk_phone_details FROM phone_details WHERE phone_id=1. (MUPD_RS)

...that doesn't look right - what is 1.(MUPD_RS) ??
          • 2. Re: Error Using DynamicForm Wizard
            Günter Schenk Level 4
            Hi Tony,

"desc" is a reserved word which you can´t use for MySQL column names, that´s why you´re getting this error returned. Solution: please rename that column and build the Dynamic Form from scratch.

Cheers,
            Günter Schenk
            Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
            • 3. Re: Error Using DynamicForm Wizard
              Level 1
              You are good! I changed the column to descr and it works fine now.

If you don't mind I have another question. I seem to have a problem with the "back" function. It never seems to work (I either receive a message saying no back page was specified or it just goes back to the form upon submitting the form and not the referring page). Does this need to be initalized somehow in order to work correctly?

Thanks again for the information.
              • 4. Re: Error Using DynamicForm Wizard
                Level 1
                I set up a new list using the Dynamic list wizard and only receive 6 results when the database has 10 or more results? I opened the recordset in Dreamweaver and when I hit test, it only displays 6 results as well?? Do you see anything wrong with this query?

SELECT phone_manufacturers.manufacturer_name, phone_category.cat_name, phone_details.phone_id, phone_details.model_name, phone_details.`descr`, phone_details.file_name, phone_details.sort_order, phone_details.date_updated
                FROM phone_manufacturers, phone_category, phone_details
                WHERE phone_details.cat_id = phone_category.cat_id AND phone_details.manufacturer_id = phone_manufacturers.manufacturer_id
                ORDER BY phone_category.`order`, phone_details.sort_order
                • 5. Re: Error Using DynamicForm Wizard
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  Hi Tony,

-------
                  I either receive a message saying no back page was specified or it just goes back to the form upon submitting the form and not the referring page
                  -------

Is the referring page a "Dynamic List" ? This is the only ADDT page which actually transmits a "back" info to the Dynamic Form via an URL parameter, whereas a manually created list doesn´t pass this one.

Cheers,
                  Günter Schenk
                  Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
                  • 6. Re: Error Using DynamicForm Wizard
                    Level 1
                    OK. I understand. Any ideas why my query only produces 6 results?
                    • 7. Re: Error Using DynamicForm Wizard
                      Level 1
                      Cut and paste the query into an external SQL tool, such as SQLYog, and see how many it returns.