3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2008 12:19 PM by Günter Schenk

multiple file upload

I used ADDT's multiple file upload server behavior to create a file upload area. It has been working well -- as expected, until the server was upgraded to php5, plesk 8.3. Now, the files uploaded are given the wrong permissions (r--, r--) so I cannot download, delete or change their pemissions. Is there a way to contol what permissions the sb assigns?
      Thanks.
      --rayne
        • 1. Re: multiple file upload
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Rayne,

-------
          Is there a way to contol what permissions the sb assigns?
          -------

ADDT´s file upload behaviours use what "global" permission you defined in the file "includes/common/KT_config.inc.php".

In here there´s a variable "$KT_file_mode" -- what does it say, 755 or 777 ?

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: multiple file upload
            Level 1
            Hi Günter--
            Hmm, in my includes/common/KT_config.inc.php file I have:
            // Start Variable definitions
            $KT_db_date_format = "yyyy-mm-dd";
            $KT_db_time_format = "HH:mm:ss";
            $KT_screen_date_format = "m/d/yy";
            $KT_screen_time_format = "h:mm:ss t";
            // End Variable definitions

I searched and didn't find a $KT_file_mode variable in any file. I also don't see where to set that in the control panel. Can I just add $KT_file_mode = "777"; to the file?
            --rayne
            • 3. Re: multiple file upload
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Rayne,

seems your config file has many parameters missing, here some others which might be useful as well:

$KT_file_mode = "777";
              $KT_folder_mode = "755";
              $KT_default_image_quality = "90";

------
              I also don't see where to set that in the control panel
              ------

the ones listed above can´t be set via the Control Panel and are mentioned in the help file under Configuring Developer Toolbox -> Developer Toolbox advanced configuration.

The values declared for the new parameters are just examples, and now that your remote server has been upgraded and (apparently) several previous php.ini settings have been changed as well, you´ll probably have to play with th "file_mode" and "folder_mode" values until it works -- my suggestions should work, but one never knows ;-)

However, in case of further problems with seeing the server giving wrong permissions to uploaded files, I suggest to contact the host´s admin staff and ask them what´s up -- they did change the php.ini settings during the upgrade, and they should be able to tell you what´s going on. I have to say that the permission (r--, r--) is pretty weird, and this shouldn´t have happened even without having those extra config parameters defined.

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver