3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2008 4:20 PM by Günter Schenk

Form Validation and Throw Error

Hello, I'm building a form that needs URL validation.
      Using the ADDT Form Validation, the error message will only appear below the URL field.

There is any way to get also an error message? I'm trying to use ADDT Throw Error and it would be the perfect solution if I only could get it work with the URL field validation...

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.
        • 1. Re: Form Validation and Throw Error
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi chicolorem,

------
          if I only could get it work with the URL field validation
          ------

ADDT has an URL validation -- it´s one option of the "validation format" menu in the "Validate Form" behaviour ? But maybe I get you wrong and you have done that already, so I have to ask because I´m unsure what you mean:

------
          Using the ADDT Form Validation, the error message will only appear below the URL field
          ------

where else should it appear ? ADDT will always place field-related error messages below the respective field, and there´s no way to override this position

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Form Validation and Throw Error
            Level 1
            Hello Günter, thank you for your reply.
            Yes, I did run the "validate form" behaviour and what I'm trying to get is also a error message on top of the page and not only the red text below the field.

I'm trying to get the "throw error" behaviour working as I wish but I'm not being able to accomplish this (maybe simple) task.

I'm using different fields within a tabbed panel and pressing the submit button the error text message is not visible since the submit button is in tab n.4 and the url field is in tab n.1

If a error message will appear on top of the page, like the "throw error" behaviour that would be really great.

Thank you.
            • 3. Re: Form Validation and Throw Error
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi chicolorem,

ADDT´s "throw error" behaviour itself doesn´t cover the validation rules (e.g. URL) which are provided by the regular "validate form" behaviour, so you can´t use it to check if a certain field contains a valid URL -- what you can do with it, is e.g. using the Condition Builder to check if e.g. a certain field is empty, but apart from such comparatively simple stuff it´s not capable to replace the "validate form" behaviour respectively its advanced validation rules.

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver