5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2008 6:09 AM by (StephenMorgan)

AADT control pannel crash

Every time I go to config email or login settings it crashes, hangs, and stops responding. Please Help.
      Can't do anything. I tried renaming config file in the application/dreamweaver9/config... and erasing winfile.whatever it is. I even removed dreamweaver and addt and re installed it twice and it's still crashing.
        • 1. Re: AADT control pannel crash
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Stephen,

did you already configure a "login" table before encountering such issues, and if so, what table name did you decide on ?

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: AADT control pannel crash
            Level 1
            I already configured the login tables and set up.
            Goes as follows.
            Table name: clientlogin
            ClientID
            UserName
            Password
            Email
            AccessLevel
            RandomKey
            LoginAttempts
            Date
            Pic
            Active
            It was working like a charm. Then it just started crashing.
            I fixed it temp, by deleting includes and reconfig the settings in control pannel.
            Thanks for response.
            Stephen
            • 3. Re: AADT control pannel crash
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Stephen,

Dreamweaver (not necessarily ADDT itself) seems to be a quite picky with table & column names it considers "reserved words", and although the column name "date" isn´t reserved with MySQL, it´s a reserved word with many other databases -- and so far we had many other ADDT users which experienced the same "crashes, hangs, and stops responding" issue by e.g. using the table name "user", which is also a reserved word for several databases.

Don´t know if the column name "date" is really the reason for all this -- it´s just a suspicion based on previous experience -- however I´d suggest to play safe and switch to a login table setup as explained in my tutorial "Login tables: installation & configuration" which you can see here:
              http://www.guenter-schenk.com/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=1

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
              • 4. Re: AADT control pannel crash
                Level 1
                Do you have the same problem with another site, or only this one?
                • 5. Re: AADT control pannel crash
                  Level 1
                  Only this site, this is my first. I'm going to try what Gunter Schenk said in his tutorail. I'll get back when I have finished.
                  Stephen