1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2008 5:36 PM by Günter Schenk

Anyone have experience with other PHP Frameworks?

Level 1
      Hey PHP devs,

I was hoping to get some advice on what other PHP Framework you guys like to use. (I realize ADDT might not be considered a PHP framework.)

I love the ADDT Framework, and it is a wonderful tool for many of the projects I do. However, I have a project coming up that will be much more extensive than my usual work. Don't get me wrong, I have built some fairly complex dynamic PHP applications with ADDT, but with this next project I need to go for more of an MVC type application. Also, I need to separate the php from the html.

Right now I am looking at CakePHP, symfony, CodeIgniter, and of course Zend. Anyone have any experience with these? Has anyone used ADDT along with another framework? Supposedly these frameworks can be used together in combinations.

Thanks for any advice.

Shane
        • 1. Re: Anyone have experience with other PHP Frameworks?
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Shane,

from all the frameworks you mention, Zend seems to get the highest appreciation from the developer crowd, whereas you´ll find a nice mixture of good & bad reviews on all others.

-------
          I realize ADDT might not be considered a PHP framework
          -------

what else would you call it ? :-)

-------
          Supposedly these frameworks can be used together in combinations
          -------

I doubt you´ll be able to use ADDT in conjunction with e.g. Zend, and from what I know, every framework out there is a sort of "closed system" with no hooks to access the methods used by other frameworks.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver