3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2008 10:55 AM by 921creative

Login Settings Issue

921creative Level 1
      I set up my login settings to check username, pwd, and access level upon login. Depending on the access level of the user, he/she should be redirected to a different success page (Public, Staff, or Admin). I double and triple checked my settings and URLs, and it is all entered correctly.

However, when I put the Restrict Access to Page server behavior on these success pages, I get a dialog box that tells me my Login Settings are only set up to check username and pwd, not access level, and/or I do not have a login page set up for my site. This is not correct.

Any idea why I am getting this message even though my login settings are set up correctly?
        • 1. Re: Login Settings Issue
          921creative Level 1
          Is there perhaps a config file that stores the settings for this that I could manually update?
          • 2. Re: Login Settings Issue
            Günter Schenk Level 4
            Hi adobebrian,

------
            Is there perhaps a config file that stores the settings for this that I could manually update?
            ------

it´s the file "includes/tng/tNG_config.inc.php", and it should contain the lines:

$tNG_login_config["level_field"] = "level"; // your login table´s "level column"

$tNG_login_config["level_type"] = "NUMERIC_TYPE";

Cheers,
            Günter Schenk
            Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
            • 3. Re: Login Settings Issue
              921creative Level 1
              Thanks, Günter. I believe I've figured this issue out. I kept using the Dreamweaver default "Restrict Access to Page" server behavior. I should have been using the "Developer Toolbox > User Login > Restrict Access to Page" server behavior. Your reply in my other post about session variables tipped me off to this.

This is a pretty confusing aspect to this extension that has caused me a lot of unnecessary headaches. Perhaps, when the ADDT extension is installed, Adobe should automatically move the Dreamweaver default server behaviors to a "Default" submenu so it's more obvious not to use them?