3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2009 2:49 PM by (Paul_Kazmercyk)

Dynamic List Checkboxes

MoCleveland Level 1
      Hi, I recently created a dynamic form with several check boxes. I've selected the 1,0 type and I was wondering if there was a way to easily change the second value in the pair. In this case the 0. So if the box is unchecked it puts a 2 or 9, just as an example. I looked through the code and I couldn't find where the value is set. I found this line in the page
      $ins_survey08->addColumn("OV_V", "CHECK BOX_1_0_TYPE", "POST", "OV_V", "0"); and thought that changing the last 0 would do it but it had no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Dynamic List Checkboxes
          Level 1
          Hi Maurice. Did you ever have any luck with this? I see this was posted in June and you got no replies. I'm trying to figure out the exact same thing.
          • 2. Re: Dynamic List Checkboxes
            Joseph07888 Level 1
            Hi I am not 100% but here goes,

1 = 2

0 = 9

$ins_survey08->addColumn("OV_V", "CHECK BOX_1_0_TYPE", "POST", "OV_V", "0");

$ins_survey08->addColumn("OV_V", "CHECK BOX_2_9_TYPE", "POST", "OV_V", "9");

This should look at the insert digs and input the select values as requested.

"0"); / "9"); assumptions is that this is the default val if they have not selected anything and submitted the survey anyway.

e.g. Answering "great / 10/10" to everything when they want to answer "Yes / No / Liked / Disliked"

Cheers,
            Joe
            • 3. Re: Dynamic List Checkboxes
              Level 1
              Hi Joe:
              I tried your method without success. It's fully possible I'm missing something, but I think the problem lies in the fact that the reference to "CHECK BOX_1_0_TYPE" resides in an external file, essentially locking the function within the page to only ever return a 1 or 0.

I found a workaround which I covered in this thread:
              http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b74c61/2

If you'd be so kind as to review that thread and see if you think I've missed your point, I'd really appreciate it.

Paul