1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2007 4:13 AM by Günter Schenk

addt vs. kollection pro 3.7.1 ... Captcha object

... which difference and bug fixed from last kollection (pro 3.7.1) to ADDT (1.0.0) ? ... Captcha object is different or in addt is a new version with any bug fixed ?

I have necessity to use captcha in more request form, but these form was create with old kollection (pro 3.7.1) and I'm worried to use a "bug" version....

in alternative, someone have used linecraft extension "PHP Captcha Object" with nextensio form ?

thanks
        • 1. Re: addt vs. kollection pro 3.7.1 ... Captcha object
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi,

to my knowledge ADDT is a Kollection 3.7.1. compatibility release with no new features or major improvements on previous code -- but I wonder what "bug" you´re referring to ?

>>
          in alternative, someone have used linecraft extension "PHP Captcha Object" with nextensio form ?
          >>

as far as I can see, an external extension that´s supposed to replace a certain component like ADDT´s native captcha would require being able to integrate itself in ADDT´s general form validation routines, means (like any other ADDT form validation component) to access "shared" functions located somewhere in ADDT´s "includes" folder -- maybe someone else knows better, but I strongly doubt you can "hook in" an external form validation extension without having to tweak ADDT´s form validation libraries. The same restriction would normally apply to other "frameworks" in return -- all of them are sort of "closed systems" providing a defined set of functionality using shared libraries

Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert