2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2008 5:03 PM by (Ari_Golden)

What to do after a User Registers

I did the tutorial on how to make a user registration system, however I need additional help.

I understand how to setup a user registration system but I need help with AFTER they register. I'll explain my scenario:

I have a website that sells items that require users to upload pictures and copy(paragraphs/text) related to the item. After they register how do I make it so users can select my item and upload their content. Then after they upload their content it stores all THEIR content on the database?

I need to make it so I can pull down each user's content i.e. pictures and text from the database.

Please help out a.s.a.p. thank you.
        • 1. Re: What to do after a User Registers
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Ari,

I suggest to add an extra column (int) to e.g. a products table and - when adding a new record - store the Session Variable "kt_login_id" in here -- once a record has been clearly allocated to a certain user, it´s rather easy to filter the records "per user" by adding a WHERE clause to the recordset which checks against the "kt_login_id" Session Variable, like that:

"SELECT * FROM tablename WHERE extracolumnname" equals the Session Variable "kt_login_id".

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: What to do after a User Registers
            Level 1
            I need to set permissions so users can access the order form page.
            How do I setup the phpmyadmin structure as far as setting which values to NULL or NOT NULL?