2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2008 6:50 AM by mrcharis2003@yahoo.c

How do I open QUB?    I want to start making databases visually with cool schema but can't open qub?

mrcharis2003@yahoo.c Level 1
      Hi there everyone

yet another post

I have previously asked how to open qub and received the following answer....

charis,

"Open the Recordset Wizard in Dreamweaver. Look at the options on the right. One is QuB and that is the Query Builder. After you click on that, you have to click on New Query to open the full Query Builder.
      The Query Builder will open and run in a separate browser window."

Ok so I have tried this........ and all I get is

'Query Builder files were not found on the remote server. Please upload all files and return to this page.'

So before that I did go to create a new recordset .... I establish a conection to my database and click "new" and then enter "Test" as a name then my browser window opens up and I get this message....

So..... any Idea what I am doing wrong?

I have all my tables set up and I want to connect them together "join" them

I did think that I could do it all with my local host "wamp" server but I only just figured out that it does not support forein keys.....visually.. so I am going to try advanced quuery builder but then I thought that I should be able to di this with ADDT's QUB........

All I really want to do is connect the tables in my database...... preferably using a visual interface..... I am hopeless at code....

I have looked at some adobe tutorials building a contact management system..... http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/addt_contact_management_pt3_05.html

and the QUB interface looks great easy to join tables and all visually just what I need!! but I cannot get to work.....

So..... I know it sounds tooo easy and I should be able to do it but I really cant get it to work.... there is a great tutorial at http://www.interaktonline.com/Products/Bundles/MXKollection/Documentation/

under the "SQL Generation" part but I cannot get the same QUB interface to open in my dreamweaver ..... so I cannot do anything......

can someone please explain how this all works......

any help or suggestions would be great......

have a nice day.......
        • 1. Re: How do I open QUB?    I want to start making databases visually with cool schema but can't open qub?
          benblue
          charis,

when you see this
          b Query Builder files were not found on the remote server. Please upload all files and return to this page.'

it means its the first time in that site you've initiated the QuB, and simply need to cancel out of the recordset wizard, and go to your FILES window and upload the QuB files to your testing server. They are inside the "INCLUDES" folder, so you can just upload INCLUDES, or look inside of INCLUDES for the QuB folder and upload that. that's what it wants.

Then retry launching QuB from the recordset wizard, and it will actully start up.

best,
          ben
          • 2. Re: How do I open QUB?    I want to start making databases visually with cool schema but can't open qub?
            mrcharis2003@yahoo.c Level 1
            Hi Thanks for the reply

WOW cool as..... worked like a charm.

I was able to upload the QUB file from inside the includes folder and then open up QUB

Thanks a lot

I joined my first two tables easy as..... cool as

and the help button takes me to the right place in the adobe site.... something I could never find.

So thanks a lot......

but..... opened a can of worms...haha... one step forward ten steps back.......

Yet another steep learning curve

one quick question, if anyones game,

Do I have to make make to tables in my database all 'InnoDB' not my 'myisam'...... I read up on joining tables witih my phpmyadmin and it said that I could only use innoDb not myisam.... Is that correct?

Thanks again have a great day