5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2008 6:50 AM by (Joan_Carson)

"I'm trying to set up my phpMyAdmin for my Wampserver"

I'm trying to set up my phpMyAdmin, but when I enter the information I get this Error and I have no ideal what to do. I would really appreciate any help some one could give me. (I'm still very much a rookie).
      I'm on a Window's Vista prim, home

(The message that I get is this)

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.11.6
      Error
      MySQL said: Documentation
      #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
      phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

"I don't know where the configuration place is that they said I should check"?

Thank you for your help, Joan
      P.S. I've never used any forum before so I'm not sure what I do next so I'll leave my e-mail adress biker4@hotmail.com
        • 1. Re: "I'm trying to set up my phpMyAdmin for my Wampserver"
          Level 1
          I'm trying to set up my phpMyAdmin, but when I enter the information I get this Error and I have no ideal what to do. I would really appreciate any help some one could give me. (I'm still very much a rookie).
          I'm on a Window's Vista prim, home

(The message that I get is this)

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.11.6
          Error
          MySQL said: Documentation
          #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
          phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

"I don't know where the configuration place is that they said I should check"?

Thank you for your help, Joan
          P.S. I've never used any forum before so I'm not sure what I do next so I'll leave my e-mail adress
          • 2. Re: "I'm trying to set up my phpMyAdmin for my Wampserver"
            mrcharis2003@yahoo.c
            HI there

I am not sure what your problem is exactly... whether you are having problems installing wamp phpmyadmin or having trouble connecting to phpmyadmin from dreamweaver

If you are having trouble connecting to phpmyadmin from dreamweaver

I have had the same problems maaaany times and it take a little to get used to

I have had the same ERROR message maaaany times

This site will tell you exactly how to do it

http://www.nebulex.com/index.php/tutorials/dreamweaver/mysqlphp/connections/6

If you have any problems post back here and I will try to help

I am using wamp server and phpmyadmin and I have it all working fine
            is easy just takes practice

Take it easy have a nice day

Good luck
            • 3. Re: "I'm trying to set up my phpMyAdmin for my Wampserver"
              Level 1
              Thank you so much Charis and I'll try this and let you know how it works out.
              • 4. Re: "I'm trying to set up my phpMyAdmin for my Wampserver"
                Level 1
                You need to set the password. This is possibly buried in a configuration file. Take a look at:

http://wiki.cihar.com/pma/Quick_Install#Manually

Please note, the error is likely the fact that you are trying to log into the database server as root without a password:

"MySQL said: Documentation
                #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) "

With "'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)" being the informational part. What did you configure the MySQL root password to be?

That said, for work on a local database, take a look at the MySQL GUI Tools:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html
                • 5. Re: "I'm trying to set up my phpMyAdmin for my Wampserver"
                  Level 1
                  Hello Sean
                  You are exactly right, that is what it was, Thank you.
                  Joan