12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2008 6:00 AM by (Serge_Goujon)

All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]

Yep, kinda strange behavior. Tested with 3 email domains, including gmail and hotmail. BTW, if I send emails using server's mail() function and not by SMTP - there's no [Probable Spam] marking in subject of received message.

Is there any way to use mail() instead SMTP as send method of KT_Email.class.php?

Any Ideas?
        • 1. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Serge,

please open the file KT_Email.class.php and add...

$arr['Date'] = date('r');
          $arr['Return-Path'] = 'returnaddress@yoursite.com';

...inside the function getHeaders(). These additions are known to fix the "probable spam" issue.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
            Level 1
            Thank you very much for fast reply, Günter. I've added those strings and voila: it works like a charm and there's no more [Probable Spam] annoyance!

One more question: why do I get all spaces trimmed from message subject if more than two words used??? (Or do you want me to start new topic?)

For those curious people: I found out how to use mail() instead of SMTP. In ADDT Control panel, I've cleared every mail setup fields but the "Default Sender" field. Anyway I stick to SMTP for security reasons.

Regards,
            Serge Goujon
            • 3. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              -----
              One more question: why do I get all spaces trimmed from message subject if more than two words used??? (Or do you want me to start new topic?)
              -----

honestly, I have never experienced that, and to my knowledge this issue has never been reported by others. Just asking: is your message subject plain text (like: bonjour mes amis) and doesn´t contain any html markup which would possibly be stripped ?

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              • 4. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
                Level 1
                Yes, plain text with no markup. It's in different from default encoding though but I set it right (as well as page with the form).

$emailObj->setEncoding("windows-1251");

First I've thought that the reason is 8bit html_enctype in email.class, but neither base64 nor 7bit (just to test) don't work.

Strange, but when I use english subject - it's ok with spaces (not stripped). Message itself is displayed correctly.

I know that it's beyond simple forum support, but maybe you can help me with that.

Serge
                • 5. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  ------
                  I know that it's beyond simple forum support, but maybe you can help me with that
                  ------

I really have no clue, because that´s the first time I ever heard of this issue.

------
                  Strange, but when I use english subject - it's ok with spaces (not stripped)
                  ------

So is it some french accents in the subject line which possibly muddle the whole thing ?

Cheers,
                  Günter Schenk
                  • 6. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
                    Level 1
                    So is it some french accents in the subject line which possibly muddle the whole thing ?
                    ------------------------
                    Yes.

Moreover, I've prepared headers by myself and send message with them )(using simple script with mail() function and 'Content-type: text/html; charset=windows-1251' . '\r\n'; setting). Everything is fine: no space stripping, correct char encoding etc.

ADDT send messages using content_type = 'multipart/alternative', and all other messages that I have in my inbox are using 'text/html'. Maybe this is the issue?..
                    • 7. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
                      Günter Schenk Level 4
                      -----
                      ADDT send messages using content_type = 'multipart/alternative', and all other messages that I have in my inbox are using 'text/html'. Maybe this is the issue?
                      -----

don´t know about that, but the file "includes/common/lib/email/Pear/Mail/mime.php" provides - among others - the two functions...

- &_addHtmlPart -> $params['content_type'] = 'text/html';

- &_addAlternativePart -> $params['content_type'] = 'multipart/alternative';

I don´t have any clue which of these two functions is getting applied to the subject line, if any.

Cheers,
                      Günter Schenk
                      • 8. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
                        Level 1
                        Thanks for your time and big help Günter. I'll try to make it work properly and will write here if I'll succeed in that.

I'm using ADDT since Interakt's Kollection days. Always pleasure. Hope the future development is on going and wont stay on 1.0.0 version. )))

Regards,
                        Serge
                        • 9. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
                          Günter Schenk Level 4
                          Hi Serge,

-------
                          Hope the future development is on going and wont stay on 1.0.0 version
                          -------

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=674&threadid=1366351

"We are planning on addressing ADDT compatibility for DW CS4- details will be shared closer to the final launch" (Adobe´s Scott Fegette).

That´s at least something and would give us another 18 month (the traditional DW release cycle), though it doesn´t say anything (positive or negative) about plans to develop ADDT any further -- however Adobe is traditionally utterly close-lipped in regards to disclosing future plans and usually never reveals any details ahead of time.

The fact *that* Scott Fegette did - certainly by way of exception, and maybe enforcedly - say something about their ADDT-related plans in public at all, is IMO a result of the public pressure many of you guys have put on Adobe -- well done :-)

------
                          I'm using ADDT since Interakt's Kollection days. Always pleasure.
                          ------

that´s right, but we, the ex-Kollection and/or current ADDT users, are still a pretty "petite" group in comparison to other Adobe products -- ADDT is still a niche product. However, let´s not cherish any illusion :: on the long run it´s IMO most probably a notable increase of new ADDT users which will have an impact on any future decision beyond the "Dreamweaver CS4 compatibility" admission, and our mere appreciation as such will certainly not suffice ;-)

Cheers,
                          Günter Schenk
                          • 10. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
                            Level 1
                            Good news! So let's cross our fingers and look forward to Adobe make that all happend for real. If they need some additional pressure ;) they will get it! )) Can't wait Dreamweaver CS4 and of course ADDT (CS4):)

Thank you once more, Günter, for providing such a valuable and exciting information. It doubles the pleasure when it comes to talking to such competent and responsive person as yourself.

Have a nice day/evening/noon/night! ))

Regards,
                            Serge Goujon
                            • 11. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
                              oicram Level 1
                              The native server behaviors for PHP don't change since I don't know... ultradev version? :s

In CS 4 beta, no new server behaviors at all.

So...

Well, I hope they realize that we need some server behaviors, and as far as I can see, only ADDT could provide that. But if the Kollection guys have moved out to spry... I'm really concern about the future of php development over dreamweaver.

:)
                              • 12. Re: All mail sent by ADDT (e.g. Forgot password form) is marked as [Probable Spam]
                                Level 1
                                That will be the greatest mistake of Adobe if they wont include ADDT in CS4. I've used so many editors before DW MX. But after I've discovered (ex) Interakt products (Kollection a.k.a. ADDT) I stick to Dreamweaver ONLY and booking each new version since that. If they don't need us to buy fresh copy - it theirs decision. Not very smart from my point of view...

Still hope there will be ADDT for CS4!