3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2008 9:27 AM by mrcharis2003@yahoo.c

How do I add a dynamic 'on sale' message or image?...using show region if?...

mrcharis2003@yahoo.c
      Hi there

Hope everyone is doing well......

I have been trying to get this to work but cant figure it out......

First....
      What I want is to be able to put an 'on sale' image ...... preferably an animated gif.... (little red flame circle with animated SALE,... the same as maaaaany sites).....

So I have all my product listing and detail pages working fine.... And I know that I could create a new page that only displayed the items on sale.... So that I could just place the animated gif I need above all the items on the page and that would work..... But I have noticed that most sites I have seen dont have a separate on sale page they just have random items on sale.....

So..... I have my administration section working great using dynamic lists and I can update the product information easily....

SO I have put an 'on sale' checkbox in my insert/ update product info form......
      But I cant figure out how to make that checkbox trigger a 'show region if database is empty' behavior which would hold the animated gif and only be displayed if I check the checkbox in the product info form.....

I think I am going about this the right way...... Does this sound correct?

Is there an easier way..?

Any help would be great....

Have a nice day