2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2008 4:25 AM by (Jung_Karsten)

many-to-many trigger

hi,
      i have problems using the many-to-many trigger of the developer toolbox. my detailtable has 150 entries.
      i had generated a from with the many-to-many wizard.

when i select only a few entries from the detail table everything is ok.
      all entries will be save, update or delete in the many-to-many-table.

but when i select a lot of or all entries, nothing will be save and the browser goes back to the login-page. (the access to the page is ristricted)

can anyone help me?

thanks
        • 1. Re: many-to-many trigger
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi,

that sound weird, because it should either work perfectly or not work at all ;-)

The only idea I can come up with off the top of my head :: is the table column that´s holding the (assumingly) comma-separated values a "varchar" column ? And if so...

a) how many chars did you define as max lenghth ?

b) could it be that this column is simply not "long enough", means that its maximum charlenghth setting happens to truncate an exceedingly long list of comma separated values ?

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: many-to-many trigger
            Level 1
            Hi,

thanks for your answer.

but, i don´t have a column that stores the id´s from the detail-table as a comma-serparated value.

i have 3 tables
            a mastertable and a detailtable.
            the thirt table (many-to-many-table) has 1 colum with the primary key of the master- and 1 column with the primary key of the detailtable. In this table are also two date-columns, which can be edit in the form, who generated by the many-to-many wizard.

any idea?
            thanks