3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 1:56 PM by (Naj_Rellim)

Error sending e-mail

Hi,

I am creating a registration form which is hosted online, however I can't send out the automated welcome and activation emails.

Nevertheless, I am able to send out the automated welcome and activation emails using localhost.

Error Below >

Developer Details:
      E-mail couldn't be sent. Error returned: Failed to connect to mail.ignatiuslee.com:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection timed out (code: -1, response: )]. (EMAIL_FAILED)

tNG Execution Trace - VIEW

* tNG_insert.executeTransaction
      o STARTER.Trigger_Default_Starter
      * tNG_login.executeTransaction
      * tNG_login.executeTransaction
      * tNG_insert.executeTransaction
      o tNG_insert.doTransaction
      + BEFORE.Trigger_Default_FormValidation
      + tNG_insert.prepareSQL
      + tNG_insert.executeTransaction - execute sql
      + tNG_insert.postExecuteSql
      + AFTER.Trigger_SendEmail*
      + ERROR.Trigger_Default_Insert_RollBack
      * tNG_insert.getRecordset
      * tNG_insert.getLocalRecordset
      * tNG_insert.getFakeRecordset
      * tNG_login.getRecordset
      * tNG_login.getLocalRecordset
      * tNG_login.getFakeRecordset
      * tNG_insert.getRecordset
      * tNG_insert.getFakeRsArr
      * tNG_insert.getLocalRecordset

Can anyone advice? Thank you for your help in advance!
        • 1. Re: Error sending e-mail
          Level 1
          danielignatius,

This could be a problem with your Email Settings in the ADDT Control Panel, or maybe a problem with your hosting. Double check your ADDT Email Settings and contact your hosting to see what email settings are required.

Shane
          • 2. Re: Error sending e-mail
            Hey danielignatius!
            I see that you email first inserts a record into your database. I would like to know if you have checked your database to see if in fact the email address was correctly entered into your database before the trigger generated the email send operation.

The reason that I ask is that I am having a similar problem with an enrollment confirmation application that I am building. When I checked the database, I found that instead of a valid text entry being inserted, the "email" field had been encrypted with all numeric characters. This same jumble of numbers was then being applied to the send_email address, and that resulted in my receiving an error message similar to you.

If anyone else has run into this problem and resolved it, please let us know how you were able to stop the encryption. Thank you,
            Naj Rellim / najrellim@gmail.com
            • 3. Re: Error sending e-mail
              Level 1
              Hey danielignatius,

ADDT uses an encryption utility, MD5, that converts your email addresses into strings of numeric characters. The problem is that it doesn't decrypt the email addresses before adding them to your database. When your automated mail application draws from your database for email addresses, all it finds are those numbers instead of email addresses. I worked for days trying to first find a way to decrypt the MD5 encryption. When that didn't work, I tried to find the "include" page that contains the encryption. Finally out of frustration, I re-built my registration form without using ADDT and instead using the native dynamic tools of DW-CS3 and the email addresses were correctly entered into the database. The result is that now my mailer function also works.
              najrellim@gmail.com