5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2008 10:08 AM by jefferisp7

ADDT multi image upload leads to Fake Record error???

jefferisp7 Level 1
      Rather than using a Wizard to create a multi image upload (which wasn't
      work!), I created an insert record page, and then created an "upload &
      resize image" file action on each of three fields:
      Thumb
      ItemImage
      LargeImage

I designated these fields as file fields in the Insert Record setup, even
      though they are text fields because that allows a browse button to be added.

I then added the Upload and Resize action on each of those fields and there
      is a place to store the image name in the fields for Thumb, Large, etc.

It appears to be correct, but I got this error when trying to load the page:

Error:
      Internal error.
      Developer Details:
      tNG_fields.getFakeRecordset:
      SQL error: Error creating temporary table:
      Table 'KT_fakeRS_20080918' already exists <<<<<<<<<<<<!!!!
      SQL:
      CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE KT_fakeRS_20080918 (LargeImage TEXT, ItemName TEXT,
      ItemShortDesc TEXT, ItemLongDesc TEXT, ItemCatID TEXT, LHJ_Number TEXT,
      ItemType TEXT, BrandName TEXT, ItemQuantity TEXT, Price TEXT, ItemThumb
      TEXT, ItemImage TEXT, catID TEXT) (FIELDS_FAKE_RS_ERROR)
      tNG Execution Trace - VIEW
      tNG_insert.executeTransaction
      STARTER.Trigger_Default_Starter
      tNG_insert.getRecordset
      tNG_insert.getLocalRecordset
      tNG_insert.getFakeRecordset*

Why does this table exist? Is there some duplication in the ADDT code when
      adding Upload actions to an existing Insert Record set?
      Jeff

Jeff
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
      Web Design and Marketing
      http://www.PetersonSales.com
        • 1. Re: ADDT multi image upload leads to Fake Record error???
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Jeff,

here´s what I found on the Interakt forums:

----------
          There are two possible solutions for this problem if using MySQL 4 or newer:

1. Grant the DROP TABLE permission for the user that already has CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES permission. If the user only has one of the rights, the error will occur.

2. Remove the CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES permission for the user. If none of the rights are granted to the user, the program will not attempt to create temporary tables.
          If using MySQL version 3.x, the user must have the DROP TABLES permission.
          ----------

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: ADDT multi image upload leads to Fake Record error???
            jefferisp7 Level 1
            On 9/19/08 11:02 AM, in article 59b686d8.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI,
            "Günter_Schenk@adobeforums.com" <> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
            >
            > here´s what I found on the Interakt forums:
            >
            > ----------
            > There are two possible solutions for this problem if using MySQL 4 or newer:
            >
            > 1. Grant the DROP TABLE permission for the user that already has CREATE
            > TEMPORARY TABLES permission. If the user only has one of the rights, the error
            > will occur.
            >
            > 2. Remove the CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES permission for the user. If none of the
            > rights are granted to the user, the program will not attempt to create
            > temporary tables.
            > If using MySQL version 3.x, the user must have the DROP TABLES permission.
            > ----------
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Günter Schenk
            > Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver

Thank you Gunter. My host just bumped up to MySql 5. Can you tell me where
            / how I change/ grant access? The connection script?

I'm uploading to the host...
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
            Web Design and Marketing
            • 3. Re: ADDT multi image upload leads to Fake Record error???
              jefferisp7 Level 1
              DOH! Nevermind. I was using a customer connection script vs an admin one!
              DOH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
              Web Design and Marketing
              • 4. ADDT File upload submit error?
                jefferisp7 Level 1
                Error:
                File upload error. No input of file type provided.
                Developer Details:
                File upload error. Field "ItemThumb" does not have the "Submit as" property
                set to "file". (FILE_UPLOAD_WRONG_COLTYPE)

Okay, I'm having a problem here. ItemThumb is a text field that stores the
                name of the gif or jpg file.

I have 3 upload file fields (large, medium, thumb) which are supposed to
                store their values (file names??) in the text fields, and I have set the
                ItemThumb to receive its value on insert from the file field.
                There seems to be a duplication of field insertion requirements here, so I'm
                not sure what to make of the problem, but if I remove the text fields from
                the insert transaction, there is no option to store their names in those
                fields in the file upload dialog box....

What is odd is that I'm not getting that error on the medium image text file
                even thought it is setup exactly the same as the thumb text...
                Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
                Web Design and Marketing
                • 5. ADDT File upload submit error?
                  jefferisp7 Level 1
                  On 9/19/08 7:05 PM, in article C4F94626.7F2EF%jefferis@petersonsales.net,<br />"Jefferis Peterson" <jefferis@petersonsales.net> wrote:<br /><br />> <br />> Okay, I'm having a problem here. ItemThumb is a text field that stores the<br />> name of the gif or jpg file.<br />> <br />> I have 3 upload file fields  (large, medium, thumb) which are supposed to<br />> store their values (file names??) in the text fields, and I have set  the<br />> ItemThumb to receive its value on insert from the file field.<br />> There seems to be a duplication of field insertion requirements here, so I'm<br />> not sure what to make of the problem, but if I remove the text fields from<br />> the insert transaction, there is no option to store their names in those<br />> fields in the file upload dialog box....<br />> <br />> What is odd is that I'm not getting that error on the medium image text file<br />> even thought it is setup exactly the same as the thumb text...<br />> Jeff <br />> <br />> ~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />After checking the database online, it is adding the information to all the<br />file fields but it is not uploading the images to the directories... Not<br />sure what the reason for the error is...<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />Jefferis Peterson, Pres.<br />Web Design and Marketing<br />http://www.PetersonSales.com